• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fuel rail options

bluedevils

I know stock 318i rail can be made to work with tii or early 320 EFi manifold and runners for MS conversion, but I want to use a better unit that will fit like a glove, and possibly made of billet alloy. Any tips or suggestions? I have seen links at top end web site but not sure they will work under tii runners. TIA

buy a glove.

Seriously, there are not many engines with the 100mm bore spacing of the M10,

and the rails on them look even worse than the 320.

You can pay a lot to have something milled up out of aluminum stock,

but it's not going to work any better than the 320 part.

All that said, if you're hell- bent on spending the money, any aftermarket

EFI supplier (like TWM) will have the extrusions and can mill

the seats for the injectors. I suppose you could do it yourself

if you were good with a drill press.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I'm afraid you will have hard time fitting a billet one in there. The oem sheetmetal pipe is thinner walled than alu can ever be. I don't think you can beat ///MChris's very nice installation with anything more custom.

Tommy

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

Al, just pick up some aluminum round stock at any online metal site and take the pieces to a weld shop with the fuel rail and the lower portion of the intake. It shouldn't be more than $30 to have them weld the stand-offs to the intake. Easy peasy.

Al I have been thinking about making a few rails. Is it something you need asap or do you have a little time?

No hurry. I have the 318i set up already running, want to change it to tii/320 style intake as the car is originally a tii, eventually to be used with a modern EFI control unit instead of Bosch Jetronic (which works surprisingly well with a tii engine and distributor).