• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Snowed in the Seattle Area

roadhog0

So it has been snowing all day and part of Sunday too. And it's still snowing. So i thought I would show everyone what it's like 20 miles out of Seattle. There was an inch or two of snow when I left the house this morning, roads had compact snow on em making it slippery so I drove the Blue chevy pickup in the second pic. I get out of school at noon and the parking lot looks like this. Than get home and my 02 is covered. I feel bad for her... But I do what I have to do. If I had an engine stand on hand I would have the other motor in the garage to rebuild while its snowing.... Atleast get something done. Stay safe and warm everyone!!

11-22-10%20Snow%20%282%29.jpg

11-22-10%20Snow%20%283%29.jpg

11-22-10%20Snow%20%281%29.jpg

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Man it took me 2 hours to get home 25 miles! argh. Had to leave the 528i at the park & ride as the hill was ice and 3 cars spun out. Wifes silly hyundai with all wheel drive and a locker went right thru it. man nobody here knows how to drive!

Russ

1970 Grey 02 (the never ending project)
2007 328xi coupe (DD)

and a couple hondas for the kid.

Thank goodness a) we got out of work early and B) I got up the hill [11% grade] to my place before it got bad. I think my Subaru can handle the snow, but if it turns to ice, no thanks.

If we're open tomorrow, I think I'm working from home. Or I might just take the day off. Sheesh.

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun

I'm wearing two layers in the house!

I hope we close the office tomorrow. Either way, it's going to be unsafe for me to make the trip by car. Of course I live a mile away, I bet they would want me to walk, which would also be unsafe. Snow is one thing, but this ice...

-David

I dunno.

I put the snows on it last night, so I just had to bring the 2002 today.

If I can avoid the Exploders, I suspect getting home won't be any huge deal.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I grew up in West Virginia, we learned to drive in it. For some reason it is like the plague here. no one goes out.

Just got back from the park & ride, car came up the hill (barely) now and gonna ride in the with the neighbor and his Monster truck.

Russ

1970 Grey 02 (the never ending project)
2007 328xi coupe (DD)

and a couple hondas for the kid.

I dunno.

I put the snows on it last night, so I just had to bring the 2002 today.

If I can avoid the Exploders, I suspect getting home won't be any huge deal.

t

If traffic moves, you might make it home. I'm looking at 405 right now. I'd call it creeping, at least southbound through Renton.

-David

I was able to plow my way home about 1 before everything went to hell... Thank goodness for a 4wd Chevy!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2