• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OT: New-ish drum gear/parts/grocery hauler

POP3Y3

Thought I'd give a newer bimmer a try. After driving

the 73 daily for the last 7 years it will be nice to have some

heat this winter. These new-fangled BMW's ride nice!

Specs:

2001 525iT

Winter package

Sport package

Premium package

Leather heated seats

More bells and whistles than I know what to do with

Pretty nice ride but when it comes to spirited driving it doesn't compare to the o2.

POP3Y3%5C73%20037.jpg

(o=00=o)

Love those 5 Series tourings! Congrats on buying such a nice one.

I'll probably start looking for one pretty soon, most likely an E34 525iTA (I'm cheap), since my wife will probably have to stop driving stick shift cars after she starts walking again from her knee surgery.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

I have the exact same car in silver with a manual transmission, it is a fantastic car. Keep an eye out for the cooling system, mine had everything but the radiator replaced before I bought it and the rad starting leaking 2 weeks later.

-John

76 Verona 2002

74 Sahara 2002

I have the exact same car in silver with a manual transmission, it is a fantastic car. Keep an eye out for the cooling system, mine had everything but the radiator replaced before I bought it and the rad starting leaking 2 weeks later.

I drove a 540 Sedan 6 speed manual a couple weeks ago. Man that thing flies! I looked at a silver one on ebay. He wanted like 12k for it. A bit out of range for me.

I may hit you up off board with some questions sometime if you don't mind.

(o=00=o)

Nice touring! I wanted to buy one of those, but Mary wanted the much-cheaper Taurus wagon. Oh well.

You should have brought down the hammer Jim!

... YEA! Tourings are Pfaht!

watch out for pot holes with thos Sporty rims!!!

myE46Farm7282008VINEYARDsandKueka1.jpg

And curbs (for the wife)! I was looking a 3's also. Figured with the drum kit

it would fit more comfortable in the 5. Although through the years it fit

perfectly in the o2 (i play a small kit).

(o=00=o)

Brian: I am happy that Mary finally consented to dumping the Saturn and allowing me to pick up an E30 for my dd. That is a HUGE improvement. I can't force her to love a 5-series touring when she LOVES (!!) her 2001 Taurus SES wagon. {I bought it cheap off CL after her previous one got totalled in late June.}

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

I drove a 540 Sedan 6 speed manual a couple weeks ago. Man that thing flies! I looked at a silver one on ebay. He wanted like 12k for it. A bit out of range for me.

I may hit you up off board with some questions sometime if you don't mind.

Sure anytime, I'm getting more and more acquainted with my car each day so I can probably answer some questions. I recently replaced my control arms and will be doing sway bar end links next. Trying to get the suspension squared away completely since it has 102,000 miles on it.

I actually avoided the 540/6 when looking for my car, I really wanted one but I drive a lot so the 525 or 528 made much more sense. I was looking at all sedans too but when I found the touring, I snapped it right up.

-John

76 Verona 2002

74 Sahara 2002