• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Too much rear camber

ought2

just get an adjustable camber kit from IE.

excellent.

When a 2002 is lowered the rear suspension gains camber. Often on race cars you end up with too much camber. This kit consists of 2 sets of eccentrics and slotted brackets. Brackets are welded to the inboard trailing arm pickup points and eccentrics allow you to adjust camber. Removal of rear subframe, welding and some grinding is required. We also offer similar kit for toe adjustment. Most racers will want both.

2002RearCamber.jpg

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

just get an adjustable camber kit from IE.

Is that the kit for $190 I was reading about on the forum just today? I was hoping to not spend that kind of money on this, but... what's involved with that installation? Welding?

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Flipping the mounts is easy (comparatively). I covered the installation of a new set in my project blog. I totally forgot to flip mine then, and have been meaning to do it for months. You'll get a degree or so back. I have -2* according to my alignment shop. And with the camber plates up front at -1*, flipping will get me square.

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

Often on race cars you end up with too much camber.

and sometimes you end up with too little, depending on tires.

THe probbem wit the subframe mount flip is that it changes

the pinion angle of your diff. Which makes the rear u- joint work

a lot harder than it should.

Unless you move the rear mount, too, and realign the diff.

fwiw,

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Did you need to do any other adjustments or alignments? My car is strictly used for street. Are you aware of a post that describes the procedure, or is it pretty straight forward? If I seem timid about this, it's because I am.

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg