• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exhaust advice

rctid

OK total noob here, i just picked up a '74 02 and she's in kinda rough shape...

First thing on the menu is exhaust, and lo and behold i have neither the down tube hanger or any of the hardware for the joint at the center resonator. I've done some digging to try and find the hanger assy (including the pieces that bolt to the tranny) and can't seem to find it anywhere. Any advice on where to find this?

Also taking suggestions on a good replacement/aftermarket exhaust, mine is full of holes

i know i am, i'm sure i am...

how close is the nearest BMW dealer ? really

least expensive, best quality, fit, finish, power,

least labor..............

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

OK total noob here, i just picked up a '74 02 and she's in kinda rough shape...

First thing on the menu is exhaust, and lo and behold i have neither the down tube hanger or any of the hardware for the joint at the center resonator. I've done some digging to try and find the hanger assy (including the pieces that bolt to the tranny) and can't seem to find it anywhere. Any advice on where to find this?

Also taking suggestions on a good replacement/aftermarket exhaust, mine is full of holes

email steve @ blunttech . com

he's the local part guy and can tell you what you need

cd's advice is right on the money - go stock

72 2002tii

1988 535is  “Maeve”

I just ordered all the pieces for the hanger that bolts to the tranny from Bavauto. It came out to like $65 for everything. All that part numbers are on Realoem.com. I could have ordered from the dealer, but they don't deliver. I also just installed the ANSA sport exhaust on my tii. Fits nice and sounds good, but a tad on the loud side. Cheap though. Like $200 for both the center piece and the muffler.

Matt Haynes

72 Malaga 2002tii - Moes

81 Toyota Supra - Cellie

91 Alpinewies 325iC - Ilsa

07 Titansilber 530xi Sport Wagon

I just ordered all the pieces for the hanger that bolts to the tranny from Bavauto. It came out to like $65 for everything. All that part numbers are on Realoem.com. I could have ordered from the dealer, but they don't deliver. I also just installed the ANSA sport exhaust on my tii. Fits nice and sounds good, but a tad on the loud side. Cheap though. Like $200 for both the center piece and the muffler.

Next time contact BLUNT for parts. Hope you like the ANSA - I took mine off after 2 years and replaced it with a genuine BMW tii muffler (from Blunt).

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

glad jim changed to that tii muffler. looks much better on his car, and quieter.

oh, and it meant that the ansa he had was donated to my 75. works great, can't hear the exhaust at all.....because the intake noise from the DCOE's drowns it out!

2xM3

glad jim changed to that tii muffler. looks much better on his car, and quieter.

oh, and it meant that the ansa he had was donated to my 75. works great, can't hear the exhaust at all.....because the intake noise from the DCOE's drowns it out!

I can attest to the exhaust being relatively quiet on Marshall's car. Those Webers are loud with the foam "socks".

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"