• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best rebuild in SF Bay Area?

Unfortunately I had my head done only a few thousand miles ago. Now the lower end is making noise. I had a mechanic check it out while I was coming up from Bakersfield and he confirmed it was rod slap and the only fix was a rebuild. Are there any recommendations for the best way to address this? I would like to use the new head and I am located in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Thanks

Is that least expensive ?

Most durable ?

Best performance mods?

Best tuning ?

As they say, "Speed costs, how fast do you want to spend" ??

I'd suggest Bill Watson:

Road Rockets

Bill Watson

29259 Arnold Dr.

Sonoma, CA 95476

(707) 939-8000

bmwroadrockets@yahoo.com

John N

Guest Anonymous

Heard great things about Sean Casey, although never had him work on any of my stuff (yet), ditto that for Bill Watson at RoadRockets. Another guy I have heard great things of is Terry Tinney (see link below), again no personal experience - he knows 2oo2 motors well, would be worthwhile giving him a call I think. Good luck, we are lucky to have so many resources in a relatively small area.

http://www.terrytinney.com/

http://historicracingbmw.blogspot.com/

Great experience with Terry Tinney in Livermore on the machine work for my M10 rebuild. Very knowledgeable on these engines and won't try to push you beyond what you really need, but is well equipped with the tools and know how to give you as much as you want.

Brian

'72 2002

'91 325i