• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Midwest 02 fest

I just go back, we had a great time as we always do at these kind of gatherings, thanks to Chris Burd and all his helpers, the Michiana and Windy City CCA chapters, all the door prize donors (everybody got at least one) and the 02ers who drove from all over the midwest to be there. I can't wait til next years event!

Ditto on Dave's remarks. The track was a lot of fun, even though I didn't exceed 20 mph (notice I didn't say race track). Terrific group of guys and thanks too to all the sponsors as well as Chris. Too bad that my 2002 was the best one there (not!) Harold

"Fiona" 1969 2002 Driver up for sale (sigh)

"Clarabell" 1980 Honda CX 500

2004 Pontiac GTO

and many more orphans up for adoption

atmosphere to look at each others' cars, talk tech stuff (thanks Ben T!) and just enjoy the '02 camaraderie.

Great seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Larry Wilson and I have the (dubious) distinction of being the only ones to attend Eureka Springs, V@V and Midwest 02Fest this year--and Larry drove to all three!

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I just go back, we had a great time as we always do at these kind of gatherings, thanks to Chris Burd and all his helpers, the Michiana and Windy City CCA chapters, all the door prize donors (everybody got at least one) and the 02ers who drove from all over the midwest to be there. I can't wait til next years event!

Hey Dave and Everyone! No need for long faces and wishing for next year. The Windy City Chapter will be holding its annual VintageFest & Car Show at ZF North America's HQ in Vernon Hills, IL on September 18. That's just three months off and it's a great location for you northern types. There will be lunch, door prizes, ZF reman facility tours (usually, anyway), and much shooting of the bull. And of course, lots of '02s and other interesting old BMWs.

The Midwest '02 Fest at Tire Rack was great fun in spite of a little sketchy weather. A big tip of the guibo to the Agave Warrior - Chris Burd, Rhonda Bradshaw, and the rest of the organizers and contributors. Like Dave said, everyone went home with something more than gas fumes in their trunk. Count me in next year.

...ned.

'74 tii rolling resto

Yep, I'd agree with everyone else, it was a fun time despite the weather. Nice going to Chris and Rhonda for all their efforts to put together a fun event, good eats and gather up the oodles of door prizes and goodies.

Sorry I had to leave Saturday

vince

Big Rock, IL