• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone know of a source in the US for this strutbar?

schwarz75

Pat, thanks. We'll have to get together. I may be able to purchase one of the bent bars to use as a sample. I have already made a nice aluminum ring, that I had hard anodized black - used on my '75 Schwarz '02 - to add a little reinforcement to the mounting point of the strut.

You're driving to V@V, right. Hope that you're able to solve the high temp issue that Ben has mentioned. My '73 hotrod has a small oil cooler, and that seems to be helpful in maintaining a nice consistant temp. - Larry

I got mine from Korman, Greensboro, NC, added extra brackets to fix the brace to the bulkhead and painted the whole assembly in body color so it blends in nicely. This was done on the cabriolets which suffer enormously from body flex. No more.

post-94-13667625905738_thumb.jpg

post-94-13667625907281_thumb.jpg

Dirk

BMW Classic Car Club of America - www.bmwccca.com

'73 2002 tii - '72 2002 (targa) Cabriolet - '71 2002 (voll) Cabriolet - '71 2002 Rally - '71 2002 Alpina A2 - '70 2002 ti - '68 1600 GT - '65 1800 TI

....hmm yes, it could be difficult without german. Get in touch with them by mail, I think there is someone who is able to speak english. But I have researched on their website, there is a Wiechers dealer listed in the US.

Firma: Auto-Mark Inc.

Straße: P. O. Box 22

PLZ: 48640 Ort: Midland, Michigan

Land: USA

Email: auto-mark@charter.net

Telefon: 001 989 859 2520

Maybe it helps.

Wolfgang