• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Driving lights behind the grills

carrosene

I currently have a set of driving lights mounted in front of of the grills on my 75. I've seen a few cars with the lights mounted behind the grill for a cleaner look. How well does the light come through for those that have mounted them behind the grill? I use to like seeing the extra lights up front but now I kinda want to take it back original look again.

Thanks in advance.

1975 2002 Anthrazitgrau

1963 Vespa GL

output--esp on squarelights due to the thickness of the grille bars. If you have the driving lights for real use vs for looks, leave 'em where they are.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Mine worked great when I had them in!

The first picture shows how I mounted them. I just turned them upside down and bolted them into the marked holes. (Note: not my car just got the image off of google)

In the second picture you can see them mounted.

post-2699-13667666071141_thumb.jpg

post-2699-1366766607231_thumb.jpg