• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone willing to help install IE stage 2, sway bars...

surf2002

hi,

Total newbie here and thank you for all the informational posts. I started to work on 73 '02 this past weekend and can't fit the front shocks with the fixed camber plates. I got a stage 2 with sport bil and sway bars from IE. So I was wondering if anyone in the San Diego area (92117) is willing to give a helping hand? I am willing to kick down some dough!! Thanks Jon. Email me: octopusdsatgmaildotcom

1973 2002 IE stage 2 bil sport rota 15

Are those sways the 22 mm ones? I just put in the IE front 22 mm sway bar in and it really isn't that hard. Well, some guys in the bay helped me do it but I'm sure you could do it yourself! Really just take off the old sway and put in the new one its pretty much the same thing. The rear one I had a hard time putting in because the nuts are hard to get in since the sway is bigger than stock.

Well that didn't make much sense but I was just trying to say Im sure u can do it yourself!

M20 Turbo 2002- Sold

1970 2002- Sold

1972 2002 Tii. - Sold

S50 e30- DD

What are you having the problem with - the shocks and camber plates or the sway bars?

Sway bars should be a straight forward swap.

If you are having trouble with the strut assemblies and camber plates, there are a couple things I can think of that could give problems. If the aluminum strut spacer is in there, that can be tossed out. There are longer studs on the strut assemblies that used those spacers, and those studs can come in real handy if you are trying to sandwich in camber plates, strut braces, etc. When I put in my fixed camber plates I had to grind the sheet metal a bit to get the struts to go in because of interference with the rubber cone on the upper strut bearing.

Brian

'72 2002

'91 325i

Post some pictures of what you have done. If you bought the IE stage2 suspension for the front and back, the longer springs are for the rear end. I just finished an entire IE front suspension upgrade on a 72 about two weeks ago. I am just up the 5 in Orange County, might be able to take a look on Friday or Saturday..

post-18162-13667623844962_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys. The rear sway bar is the pain in... Should I look in getting longer bolts? As for the IE stage 2 I have the passenger side in but the driver side is towed out. I have grind down the rubber the strut support to fit the camber plate, which worked but the plate is still not flush with the strut mount. Maybe I got some bad camber plates from IE and just need to change them. Maybe someone else had this problem. Going by La Jolla Independent tomorrow to ask them for some hints.

Thanks guys. The rear sway bar is the pain in... Should I look in getting longer bolts? As for the IE stage 2 I have the passenger side in but the driver side is towed out. I have grind down the rubber the strut support to fit the camber plate, which worked but the plate is still not flush with the strut mount. Maybe I got some bad camber plates from IE and just need to change them. Maybe someone else had this problem. Going by La Jolla Independent tomorrow to ask them for some hints.

The luck I had was to connect the three bolts on the bottom of the strut first. I then compressed the spring while someone compressed the shock. It took a few tries but we managed to get in in properly. After that I connected back the track rod and other linkage.

The luck I had was to connect the three bolts on the bottom of the strut first. I then compressed the spring while someone compressed the shock. It took a few tries but we managed to get in in properly. After that I connected back the track rod and other linkage.