• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Throttle bushing on 74tii

dharvey

Discovered my outboard half of the bushing for the pivot linkage at the block was gone. Looking through the stash of odds and ends I couldn't find anything, then I stumbled across an empty 30.06 shell and wouldn't you know it, by cutting out a section with a tubeing cutter, it fitts well enough to get by till I can get the correct one.

Discovered my outboard half of the bushing for the pivot linkage at the block was gone. Looking through the stash of odds and ends I couldn't find anything, then I stumbled across an empty 30.06 shell and wouldn't you know it, by cutting out a section with a tubeing cutter, it fitts well enough to get by till I can get the correct one.

Very resourceful yes - but we need a picture for reference purposes.

The little nylon split bushings on the block pivot (and the firewall pivot) are inexpensive. I added a flat nylon washer to mine to reduce the linkage slop (thanks to Justin Gerry for the tip).

2102010016.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"