• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oh the things on eBay

Does someone really think that it's reasonable to post an auction for a 2002 with a missing rear bumper and missing trim, with four poor photos and a seven-sentence two-paragraph description that says nothing about the condition of the body, from someone with zero feedback, and put a starting bid of $7000 (with reserve!) and a buy it now of $10,000?

Apparently so.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Speciality-Collectors-73-BMW-2002-Excellent-Condition_W0QQitemZ180484868232QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item2a05bc8888

The new book The Best Of The Hack Mechanic available at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0998950742, inscribed copies of all books available at www.robsiegel.com

1972 tii (Louie), 1973 2002 (Hampton), 1975 ti tribute (Bertha), 1972 Bavaria, 1973 3.0CSi, 1979 Euro 635CSi, 1999 Z3, 1999 M Coupe, 2003 530i sport, 1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special (I know, I know...)

Guy knows what he is talking about:

"4-speed roadster... original black leather interrior, dials & switches, butterfly windows, etc. Minor adjustments needed, if desired, to bring the '73 gal up to modern standards such as A/C. has minor wiring issues which do not interfere with driving."

Sounds like a deal to me. I have been looking for the 02 with the original leather interior for a while now. I thought they were red interior & polaris paint 02’s. I must be wrong.

I love the minor work needed for air conditioning line. Now that is classic.

People jump on the band wagon when they see a car that is worth it demand higher prices. They must say hey, I have one of those and that one went for 35K