• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my 1975 for sale,

nerazzurrri

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I'm kinda confused. Your auction for this car closed with a winning bid on Feb 22nd didn't it? Yet you're still selling the car? What happened to the winning bidder?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250581347956

-=Scott=-

My Short Bus

rotate.php

1971 2002 - "William Grover-Williams" - Track/Weekend Car VIN 2579197

1998 740iL E38 - "Blau" - Daily Driver

http://gallery.xfiler.com

that was a feeler on ebay, i think the asking price is fair considered the winning bid

Actually, that is called Shill bidding, and is frowned upon in the ebay community ;-(

Which means, the winning bidder, rev8691 (or whoever ended up as the winning bidder), is most likely a friend or family member, who increased the bid amount with no intention of following thru with the transaction. The true or legitimate bidding could've ended at $1000, but then, we will never know.

Judging by your feedback, it's not looking too good.....

Honestly, I would think you would be hard pressed to get $1500 for this car, based on the condition.

Just my .02 cents worth, as they say....

1974 2002 Verona & 1973 2002 Riviera

1982 320iA & 1983 320iS
2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L PSD Wife's

HMMM, A shifty shill bidder, strike 1

poor ebay feedback, strike 2

Way over priced car, STEEEE-RIKE 3, you're outta here!

I bought my 76 from a wrecking yard for $600, and it's in way better shape...

Maybe a starting price of $ 900 would be a better start

P.S. Perhaps taking a few minutes to clean the interior before you take pictures would be a swell idea also...

MJ

75 2002

76 2002

71 F250 camper special

Where do these people come from?

How long has he had the car?

Bet he bought it for too much, not realizing what it would take to finish the car. Now is sorry and trying to unload it to recoup his money by inflating the price through shill bidding it up on ebay.

The ONLY way that car is worth $3500 is if there's a stash of 30 Ben Franklins in the Glovebox... and even then, only if you paid $400 for it!

Cheers!

1976 BMW 2002

1990 BMW 325is (newest addition)

1990 Porsche 964 C4 Cabriolet

the winning bidder was a person that i dont know, he flaked and didnt come up with the cash, the feedback on the account is not from me, hence the name nutriGIRL67, I am not a girl, secondly, the poor feedback is from my mother not using ebay correctly. how am i asking too much? the car is in good condition except for the door, i see 2002 rust buckets go for 2k and people buy them, why not a perfectly good running car with a rebuilt engine? am i missing something?

I think you just need to understand bud that many people on these forums have been burned and live by the old adage that if it smells funny, it probably is funny. And I'm not talking about the "HAHAHAHAHA" kinda funny, I'm talking about the getting burned on something kinda funny.

A) You've said the auction was a feeler, but that the buyer backed out.

B) No one can tell if you're a man or a woman by the way you post.

B) If the original buyer on ebay backed out, why not sell it to the next highest bidder for $50 bucks less.

C) The high bidder on your car has only bid on one item (your car) yet somehow has 1 positive feedback (See Attachment). You gave this bidder that backed out of an auction for your car positive feedback?

D) The second highest bidder has never bid on anything but your auction either. (See second attachment)

Forgive me, but this all sounds kinda funny... If I'm wrong, I'm terribly sorry, but this all looks very bad to me. My advice, own up to what the car is worth and sell it on craigslist with an honest description of the car. I doubt you're going to find anyone here who is going to give you $2k for it, let alone the $3500 you're asking for.

post-17845-13667622017778_thumb.jpg

post-17845-13667622018627_thumb.jpg

-=Scott=-

My Short Bus

rotate.php

1971 2002 - "William Grover-Williams" - Track/Weekend Car VIN 2579197

1998 740iL E38 - "Blau" - Daily Driver

http://gallery.xfiler.com

the winning bidder was a person that i dont know, he flaked and didnt come up with the cash, the feedback on the account is not from me, hence the name nutriGIRL67, I am not a girl, secondly, the poor feedback is from my mother not using ebay correctly. how am i asking too much? the car is in good condition except for the door, i see 2002 rust buckets go for 2k and people buy them, why not a perfectly good running car with a rebuilt engine? am i missing something?

So, if I am reading this correctly, and I think I am, nutriGIRL67 is your mother? Then that means that rev8691 COULD be you. The whole thing is just fishy.

Here is a direct quote from your listing. "...it has an M10 engine that was rebuilt at some point im just not sure when, the car has about 20k on the rebuilt engine...." This sounds like hearsay or you are not sure. You state that it is rebuilt, then state you are not sure when, then you state the mileage on the rebuilt engine. Which is it? Do you know for sure? Do you have reciepts to prove it?

This car has been listed on this forum, as well as other forums, and craigslist for around a month. In a sluggish economy, you have to take what you can get or just keep it, if you think you have a gem.

To me, the only thing that may be worth keeping on the car is the recaro's, which desperately need reupholstering, and possibly the engine. $700 tops.

Sometimes the truth hurts

I will agree with you on one point, and that is I too have seen rust buckets go for over $2k, usually roundies or Tii's.

1974 2002 Verona & 1973 2002 Riviera

1982 320iA & 1983 320iS
2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L PSD Wife's

because thats how fast it can go on 4 speeds? if i cant get the asking price for the car then I'll just sell my e30 and do the m44 swap, since everyone is good for flaming, can anyone help me out doing the swap?