• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

YOM Plates Revisited

ought2

I finally located a pair of plates that meet Maine's requirements for display. These plates were used in 1973 on all new registrations and used a year sticker in the upper right hand corner. I remember how much we hated these plates in the day, as other states were getting very creative with color and design. Somehow they look more appealing today...

Maineplatenew.jpg

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Guest Anonymous
They will allow you to display these as long as your car is registered as an antique vehicle and you keep the new plates and paperwork in the car.

I thought that your vehicle could be confiscated with the period correct plates UNLESS you also display a period correct red tip on your Hirshmann antenna. Maybe that was just proposed and not yet enacted legislation?

Good site but I would still check with the state's DMV. The site says Georgia is 1942 but it is currently limited to 1970 and earlier cars. In Georgia they have a form for using the historic plate so the DMV forms page is a good second place to look.