• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Problem with Top End Performance?? Steve Nelson

Robert

Hey!

Just want to check if anyone here also have problem with top end performance when they have done something wrong and just ignoring you.

I did an order on some pistons from top end, and when I got them its wrong C/R, calculated on normal cylinderhead cc, when I carefully told em my cyl head were bigger. And now they (Steve Nelson) just ignoring my emails, when I'm asking were the misunderstanding is, either on JE or Top End.

Feels like they have good support and everything works fine until they do something wrong, and won't stand for it!!

Not an serious impression you get of that company if they're not able to help when _they_ have fucked up.

Have this happened to anyone else?

That sounds really unfortunate, but maybe if it comes down to it, you should call them. because something like this can seriously affect their reputation.

Similar situation happened to me, and others on here. You'll here it from both sides, but its definitely a common occurance and there seems to be a monthly thread on TEP due similar stories.

Michael Rose

'91 Porsche 964
'00 Dodge Durango
'13 Honda Pilot

New here, but not to cars. I've been involved with them once in the last 10 years.....about 10 years ago. Lets say my negative situation had been surrounded by others/friends as well. They would never get another dime from me....and thank goodness for American express.

I was suprised to hear they are still in business after all this time.

I need to get some parts from them in the next few weeks ,i will be needing a cometic head gasket

maybe i should try and look at getting it from different company, not the first time i have heard bad things

Why not go right to the source?

www.cometic.com

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

I have never ordered from them buttheyseem so helpful on the phone....are the issues wiith regular stuff or mainly with custom engine type stuff?

I am looking at them as a source for my springs. swaybars etc and know I am a little concerned

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

I just got a set of JE pistons for my M10 from TEP and it came out fine the only thing that i didnt like was how long it takes. BTW wouldnt you have bin a little better off using somebody on your same continent then TEP i mean your in Sweden? Germany is right down the street from you.

Send the pistons back to Top End and get a credit on your Credit Card.

Next time, when you want special pistons, deal direct with a piston provider. NOT with a middleman/salesman just trying to make a buck.

Sorry to read about your situation. Happens all to often (1-800-buildacar-- --LOL).

mac.

There isn't a black/white answer to this. Common sense helps a little. A simple part like a strut brace is one thing. An EFI kit or carbs or anything you might find yourself calling about for "tech" support, you might be in a bind. I don't like to bad mouth. It just depends on the difficulty level of the parts involved.

Michael Rose

'91 Porsche 964
'00 Dodge Durango
'13 Honda Pilot

Robert,

You need to call me....I have sent a number of mails to you that are apparently not getting to you.....I do not know when you are not getting an email and you do not know if I sent it and you do not get it...The last 3 sent had delivery confirmations and have not been received or opened by you....Could be a problem on my end, could be your end....

Steve

Top-End Performance

http://www.2002performance.com

818 764-1901

Thats what i was thinking. The parts I plan on ordering are pretty basic, no special orders of mods. Kind of no brainers. Suspension stuff etc. I will give it a shot and see. TEP came recommended by several "veteran" FAQ members

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle