• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone got an engine near Texas?

Guest Anonymous
I think mine has just about had it.

Unless you are really asking for the address of an unlocked garage . . . you might want to post your search in the Wanted section of the classifieds.

I seem to remember someone mentioning he had a spare block or two in Carrolton. I did not know him and do not have any information, but maybe he will see the post. You really ought to be more specific about what you are looking for. SOmething new? SOmething to rebuild?

There is always Terry Sayther and there used to be someone in Shreveport. I am not currently in your area so that's the only thing I can suggest.

I guess it bears asking, your's has just about had it? What does that mean? No compression? Burns oil? etc. Maybe you just need the head rebuilt?

Plano Paul might have some leads.

Good luck!

Guest Anonymous
It smokes and burns oil. I'm looking for a good runner that doesn't do either of those. I want to rebuild this one, but need an engine till then.

Consider looking on E21 (320) boards too. Or for that matter Ebay and craigslist for M10 engine.

I got very lucky on Craigs list 3 years ago and got a good used M10 for $200. It came from a guys car that had been wrecked but motor still good. A father and son family shop who were 2002 nuts. I know I took a chance but the motor was promised to have been a strong runner before the crash and I drove the wheels off my car with that motor the past 3 years never skipping a beat. Sometimes things work out! Good luck!

Ceylon-squarie

I got very lucky on Craigs list 3 years ago and got a good used M10 for $200. It came from a guys car that had been wrecked but motor still good. A father and son family shop who were 2002 nuts. I know I took a chance but the motor was promised to have been a strong runner before the crash and I drove the wheels off my car with that motor the past 3 years never skipping a beat. Sometimes things work out! Good luck!

Ceylon-squarie

As a matter of fact a guy down the street from me has a 74 02 for sale for 100o bucks He told me it runs, it's an automatic. Rust free. you could take the engine and make another grand parting it. It is a real rust free car. Basically a free engine if you look at it that way.

i am in Midlothian texas...about 30 minutes south of Dallas

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle