• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Massive 5-speed conversion tranny brackets

Lee

These are no longer available from BMW. The correct way to convert to a 5 speed. No flex, no vibration, saves your guibo. Brackets are laser cut from stainless steel (won't rust) and CNC folded. Comes with all hardware. Brackets can aslo be spot welded.

$55/pair + $5 shipping. $62usd including Paypal fee to massivebrakes@gmail.com

20 sets in stock

Tranny_Mount_1.jpg

Bavaria tranny mount and shortened crossmembers are not included

Tranny_Mount_2.jpg

How BMW technicians used to do the conversion. Measures may vary.

025SPEEDCONVERSIONpart1.jpg

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

send me a paypal invoice to m1002b@yahoo.com

<p>69 (M2 Project-stalled); 72tii (a) Taiga/ m42 swap in process;91 E30 vert; 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS; 65 Mustang fastback 500hp+ resto mod in process ;72 Porsche 911s project; 70 2002 M2 2.5L getting closer

how about if you have a automatic that is getting the conversion?

If you have an automatic car the original mounts should be in the same location as a 4 speed car. The tunnel is slightly bigger tough, making the conversion easier.

I also suggest to remove the "old" mounts to create more clearance on the sides. It will also better clear the speedo cable.

I am sually for numbers and specs. But in the case of the 5 speed swap, I suggest to use the 80mm (as suggest on BMW's how-to) with a grain of salt. Just hold the back of the tsnny with a stand, and align the driveshaft from the gubo, center bearing, diff flange. As straight as possible.

The bolts' dome head can be either on he cockpit side, or tunnel side. It ca be difficult to drill all four holes from the inside of the tunnel. So perhaps just drill one as a reference, then go in the cockpit and complete the three other holes by using th bracket's pattern as a template.

I have tried all three ways of doing the swap.

1- Angle beams between the original brackets and the center bearing

2- The "boomerang"

3- OEM-style

I haven't tried Metric Mechanic's bracket though. And I think that if BMW simply moved the brackets back, there must be a reason. Stiffness perhaps?

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

• 3 years later...