• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage BMW meeting: Altamonte Springs April 9th 2011

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WOW another nice turn out. must have been 9 2002's 6 or 7 other BMW's and a bunch of nice tricked out VW's. Free chicken sandwich to boot!!

I had not even seen 3 or 4 of the other 2002's. A real nice group of cars. Someone took some pictures I hope they are posted soon. Lots of hot engines one super cool 2.3 stroker with fuel injection, distributor-less ingnition & more.

75 2002: weber, ANSA, lowered, 14" wheels, new engine, new suspension, rust free & square.

Sorry i missed out. BOth of my 2002's are in disrepair. My 69 2002 lost 1 and 2nd gear and my 74 tii lost a water pump and motor mount! They will be there next month for sure!

69 2002

04 GTI 1.8T Daily Driver

1974 2002 (Wife's car)

**Vintage BMW meet Uptown Altamonte Springs, 2nd Saturday 7pm Near 436 and I-4 in Altamonte Springs FL Email me for details***

• 2 weeks later...

6th Annual CFBMW Poker Run!!! May 8th, 2010

Well the time has arrived! It's time to gear up for the 6th Annual CFBMW Poker Run!

Over 90 cars participated last year and we had over 150 people in attendance!

CFBMW.ORG and Russell Home for Atypical Children has paired up together to produce what is expected to be CFBMW's biggest Poker Run yet! This is the second time that the poker run will be pairing up with a charity. The Russell Home for Atypical Children in South Orlando has been in continuous operation for over 50 years without any government support. The Russell Home is the only private, non-profit facility of its kind for severely handicapped children in Central Florida. So, lets get together and try to raise the most money we can for such a great cause. We will be taking donations at the event and your donations are 100% tax-deductible!!

MAY 8TH, 2010

Fields BMW of Winter Park

963 N. Wymore Road

Winter Park, FL 32789

(407) 628-2100

Some FAQ's

What is a poker run?

Simply put, The run starts at a given destination, you then proceed through 5 stops receive a playing card in an envelope at each one; the best 3 poker hands at the final destination will win a prize!! There will be sponsored giveaways, freebies, and coupons as well!

What time and what date is the poker run?

Mark your calenders now - the poker run is on Saturday, May 8th at Fields BMW in Winter Park. Registration opens at 9AM.

We will be having dinner at the final stop at the end of the poker run. All the hands will be judged there, as well as some final prize drawings and an awards ceremony. As a heads up, the average price of a dinner will be about $20, so please bring cash!

Sounds great! Where do I sign up and how much is this gonna cost me?

Like all CFBMW events, this is no exception; it is totally free to participate! Since we are pairing up with a charity, we would love for you to come with open hearts and donate freely to the Russell Home. Your donations are 100% Tax Deductible. The door prize drawings will be an $5 per entry, but it is not at all required to run!!

You can sign up to drive right here!

See you all there!

We two 2002's so far..Let's see if we can get those numbers up!

69 2002

04 GTI 1.8T Daily Driver

1974 2002 (Wife's car)

**Vintage BMW meet Uptown Altamonte Springs, 2nd Saturday 7pm Near 436 and I-4 in Altamonte Springs FL Email me for details***

• 1 month later...

Could you please post up if you will be attending Saturday night. We are trying to do a parts swap. I know a lot of people are looking for little odds and ends and some not so little parts. So, please fill up your 02's trunk and let the trading/selling of your unwanted 02 stuff begin.

69 2002

04 GTI 1.8T Daily Driver

1974 2002 (Wife's car)

I thought this was getting a little old so I started a new one. Should I not? I am still learning all this..

69 2002

04 GTI 1.8T Daily Driver

1974 2002 (Wife's car)

I'm confused. You said to post up in the other thread but now you're saying post in this thread.

No big deal, but I'd keep the one thread and edit the title to include "2010". Next year create a new one with the same wording except have "2011". We did that on Bimmerforums with a Colorado Springs group I hung out with when I lived there.

Not a big deal though.

Michael Rose

'91 Porsche 964
'00 Dodge Durango
'13 Honda Pilot

I was afraid that no new people would see the thread on the 3rd or 4th page

69 2002

04 GTI 1.8T Daily Driver

1974 2002 (Wife's car)

• 4 weeks later...

It is that time of the month again, who is showing up to Saturday night's meet. I have rounded up a few new 02 guys to come out. Hope to see you out !

69 2002

04 GTI 1.8T Daily Driver

1974 2002 (Wife's car)