• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flareless Turbo Front Spoiler?

PabloM

I'm looking for a turbo front spoiler that fits without flares like on this car.

img4554p.jpg

Does this car belong to someone on the FAQ? Anyone have more pictures of it?

From what I've read while searching the way most people do this is to cut up an OEM spoiler and shorten the end pieces and then put it back together. However there is mention that there are some companies that make these already shortened. Who, where and how much? Better yet, if anyone has a flareless one for sale, let me know! Thanks.

It's all about momentum

FINAL1.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Pablo (and Jack),

I've given a lot of thought to this, as I too would ideally like a turbo front spoiler for my flareless car....

However, the one in the photo Pablo posted has been cut to remove the upper portion (the fake bumper part) which is something I would want to keep... Although that Inka looks pretty rad, I'd still prefer the Turbo spoiler to have its little fake bumper...

And the BavAuto link Jack posted shows one similar to the Kamei spoiler... Still a good choice (and you get the look of the fake bumper) but you lose some of the graceful lines of the OEM turbo spoiler.

So far, the only car I've ever seen with an actual full turbo spoiler (w/bumper still attached) and no flares is this one, but something still looks not-quite-right about the fit...

Hmmm...

post-15868-13667616225056_thumb.png

post-15868-13667616229108_thumb.png

(==\___| SQARY02|___/==)

1975 Millie the Falcon (Originally Polaris, currently Primer-Grey/Spa-Blue)

1975 Eamon the Golden Nugget (Originally Golf, currently several other yellows, someday Dakar)

Adam,

How about these? Crazy that it seems like you have the same vision for your 02 that I do! Flareless with an OEM look turbo airdam, the alpina 15" wheels, the euro bumper, the recaros (I think you were selling the brown ones) and then BAM you have a picture of what my car almost looks like down to the color! LOL.

The picture of the pastelblau one looks funny because it looks like an OEM airdam with the ends trimmed "round". I test mounted the OEM airdam I have and it looks just like that with pointed ends. The pics I attached look clean. The only place I think you can get one of these is on this site - if you can read swedish:

http://www.02-depan.se/

Look under Foraljninig, then turbo spoiler smal. It looks right, but hard to tell.

post-15625-13667616245702_thumb.jpg

post-15625-13667616246274_thumb.jpg

Lets put a buy together. I can orginize it if you guys want.

We can have one shipment with a few pieces to help spread freight costs. From there we can ship from a central location in the good 'ol USofA.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

Look under Foraljninig, then turbo spoiler smal. It looks right, but hard to tell.

Yeah JP, it looks like if you want it for a flareless car, it just comes with a smaller little bumper bump.... But I have to admit, that looks pretty sick..

And yes - great minds think alike! Is your final color going to be Pastelblau? My project car is eventually going to be Taiga, but I'm driving my partscar/rustbucket around for now and it's Fjord.. Was thinking of doing a practice paint job and (get this) painting it Pastelblau.. Might even do some Inka stripes on it... Go for the Gulf Racing scheme... Since the car only has to last me a year or two before it becomes "donor-mobile"...

CJ - that sounds like a SWEET idea!! Truthfully, I'd want to see some more angles of it mounted on a car.. Maybe even see it on a car in real life?? I have no idea how much 1300 kr/st is, but I'm sure it's not cheap...

But I'd be down for pursuing this line of thought... Pablo? JP??

(==\___| SQARY02|___/==)

1975 Eamon the Golden Nugget (Originally Golf, currently several other yellows, someday Dakar)

What about that rubber strip that goes inbetween body and spoiler, anyone know what it is?

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

Adam,

How about these? Crazy that it seems like you have the same vision for your 02 that I do! Flareless with an OEM look turbo airdam, the alpina 15" wheels, the euro bumper, the recaros (I think you were selling the brown ones) and then BAM you have a picture of what my car almost looks like down to the color! LOL.

The picture of the pastelblau one looks funny because it looks like an OEM airdam with the ends trimmed "round". I test mounted the OEM airdam I have and it looks just like that with pointed ends. The pics I attached look clean. The only place I think you can get one of these is on this site - if you can read swedish:

http://www.02-depan.se/

these particular Photos were advertised on German Ebay. The sellers name was : cancany . More details were that he had them made at a company called Brixner copied from a OEM turbo spoiler so that it fits without turbo flares. and there were 5 photos of the same car. ... thats what was in the auction details.

According to the photos thats one hell of a nice spoiler there that fits perfectly !

:)

bmwfans_userbar.png

-Living in the wrong side of the world ..

Cheers

Chatroom John

Yeah JP, it looks like if you want it for a flareless car, it just comes with a smaller little bumper bump.... But I have to admit, that looks pretty sick..

And yes - great minds think alike! Is your final color going to be Pastelblau? My project car is eventually going to be Taiga, but I'm driving my partscar/rustbucket around for now and it's Fjord.. Was thinking of doing a practice paint job and (get this) painting it Pastelblau.. Might even do some Inka stripes on it... Go for the Gulf Racing scheme... Since the car only has to last me a year or two before it becomes "donor-mobile"...

CJ - that sounds like a SWEET idea!! Truthfully, I'd want to see some more angles of it mounted on a car.. Maybe even see it on a car in real life?? I have no idea how much 1300 kr/st is, but I'm sure it's not cheap...

But I'd be down for pursuing this line of thought... Pablo? JP??

1300 Kronor is 186 USD so it is relatively cheap compared to the OEM spoiler.

It's all about momentum

FINAL1.jpg

I am interested as well...

Looks like the one JProcket posted is very close to the one shown on the orange car. The only difference that I see is where the top outer corner of the spoiler meets the leading edge of the wheel arch... the spoiler on the orange car has a cut-out or step there. Whereas the one on the white car appears to wrap all the way to the edge of the wheel arch. Maybe just notched in the area?

post-16657-13667616268946_thumb.jpg

1300 Kronor is 186 USD so it is relatively cheap compared to the OEM spoiler.

Let's do this.

CJ?

(==\___| SQARY02|___/==)