• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okay to post scanned copy of owner's manual? '70 2002

jiggapoo

Thanks a bunch for the electro wonderfulness!

The jovial friendliness and lack of legalese just makes me feel all warm inside. I was born *after* the age of lawyers unfortunately. I never experienced such easygoing goodness.

1971 2002 (single carb, no sunroof, AC, CA emissions)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought mine last June from Frank DeGarmo who lives in East Ridge.

I recognize the name but can't place it... I bought mine from a guy in East Ridge, too--Troy Lovell--and he recently (last week) had his tii up on eBay. I think I may have purchased one of his parts cars inadvertently since he didn't tell me about his other 2002(s) at the time. Mine was sitting in a field and missing various things--passenger mirror, A/C center console (mine was originally A/C--compressor, drier, and condenser still in place), wrong wheels...

I have a project blog that shows where I am on my resto...probably will have it on the road this spring...in time for V at the V in NC.

I think we have two completely different objectives with our cars. Mine's just barely good enough to drive around town. It sounds like you're refurbing yours to excellence. Email me the link to your blog and I'll check it out. I might just have to make the trip down there.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,0/page,viewtopic/t,332200/

Try this link to get to my blog. The blog is on 2002 FAQ so it's easy to find.

After I'm finished, I'll have a lot of parts to get rid of that you may be interested in...including a great set of tires (with wheels), a weber 2 bbl. carb, and other stuff.

Samplemaven

BMWCCA #420368

'72 2002 Tii Inka restoration project

'07 550i Titanium Silver, steptronic...ED 2006

Wow, nice blog. Looks like it's coming along well! I really could use those tires and wheels but my budget is about 1/100th of yours. :(

And if you think your original silver car was rusty... picture that and multiply it by about 5 = my car :( However, mine was sitting-in-a-field rust, not salt rust. The runners, subframe, pans, and all panels but one are zero holes. There was no water blown up cracks, e.g., because it wasn't moving. I'm also going to strip mine down so maybe I'll do a blog like yours.

Great job! It's always exciting to see a car come back to life.

I'll be interested in seeing your blog.

Good luck on your car. It takes a lot of work, but you'll get there.

I've seen completely rusted out hulks come back to life...yours can too.

Thanks

Samplemaven

BMWCCA #420368

'72 2002 Tii Inka restoration project

'07 550i Titanium Silver, steptronic...ED 2006

• 8 months later...

If I can find it I'll post a link. I had it posted online (and it may be in the official FAQ, which at one point I was told it was, though I've never checked) but it's been a year and now I've misplaced it. Stay tuned.