• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who makes these mats?

twinturbo

My E24 came with a similar one. Realoem says:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=5531&mospid=47202&btnr=72_0413&hg=72&fg=95

Tho mine is halon and NLA I think.

Not sure how to interpret the cryptic text on Realoem, but there's a p/n anyway!

Cheers,

Ray

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

anymore, but you can get a current one similar to what Ray depicted. I don't believe US dealers will sell them, but Abrahams Motorsport carries the one for E34.

http://www.abrahamsmotorsport.com/e28e34.html

Perhaps cocomats.com can do checkered mats for you. Send them the picture.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

I had an original set of these in my touring, but they were faded and worn. I contacted the folks at cocomats, who were really great, but unable to reproduce the checkerboard pattern. I ended up finding a company in Japan that makes them. They wont deal with anyone out of country, but I was able to make contact with a Japanese fellow through a friend who brokered the whole deal for me. I want to say the mats ended up costing me around $200, and arent exact, but pretty damn close. I'll try and remember to post pictures of them later.

Cheers,

Martin

PS - After I got them I was told that they are still available aftermarket from Europe, but have never done any research to validate that claim.

1972 "Canadian spec" Polaris 2000tii Touring

1969 Chamonix 2000 A

I had an original set of these in my touring, but they were faded and worn. I contacted the folks at cocomats, who were really great, but unable to reproduce the checkerboard pattern. I ended up finding a company in Japan that makes them. They wont deal with anyone out of country, but I was able to make contact with a Japanese fellow through a friend who brokered the whole deal for me. I want to say the mats ended up costing me around $200, and arent exact, but pretty damn close. I'll try and remember to post pictures of them later.

Cheers,

Martin

PS - After I got them I was told that they are still available aftermarket from Europe, but have never done any research to validate that claim.

post-8445-13667613543485_thumb.jpg

post-8445-13667613544697_thumb.jpg

1972 "Canadian spec" Polaris 2000tii Touring

1969 Chamonix 2000 A