• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Several questions regarding several areas

Turb02

I'm in the very slow process of rebuiding everything on my car and came across brake fluid in the booster. I'm assuming the master cylinder is leaking, correct? I plan on upgrading to big brakes...on a budget but need to buy a kit. Which one is the best for a reasonable price that comes with everything including 320 hubs? What is a great replacement master cylinder that will improve braking? 7 series? From what year and is it a single line setup? What diameter brake line should be used? Since I have to replace all of it I think I'm gonna build it myself instead of buying it prebent.

I'll be running 15x8 et0 and have read that this setup will eat bearings if I don't swap to tii struts, is this true? The car will be mostly driven on hwy.

Swapping the 265 mated to the m10b20 is going to require a lot of tunnel work, understood. What speedo cable can be used since swapping to the 245 requires the auto speedo cable. Will this cable work with the 265?

That's all for now, it's hard to see all this on the iPhone. Military networks block forums, so I have to scour the forums on the phone.

This car will be turbo if the question of "why do you need big brakes on a street car" comes up.

Thanks in advance!!

75 2002 "Project Turb02"

95 Hellrot M3 *Sold

95 332is *Sold

I run the standard 2002 master on 2 cars with Volvo front calipers

and like it. You don't get an 'improvement' in braking from

a master cylinder change per se, you trade pedal pressure

against travel- the 'harder' the pedal, the more effort you'll have to

use to generate the same braking effort.

I prefer the junkyard route, so I'll leave the 'who' to others.

If you're doing tunnel work, you may be able to make the standard

4- speed cable work. That's what I have on my car with the

245 trans- i just rerouted it so that it sneaks up the tunnel tighter.

And no, 15x8 rims won't necessarily kill the standard bearings.

You'll want to pay more frequent attention to them (maybe annually)

but for being so teeny, they're plenty stout. You're using Turbo

flares to get them to fit, I assume...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Thanks for the reply. Yes I'll be running the turbo flares. I had considered making my own but may go with the turbo flares.

The speedo cable question was answered by myself forgetting that I will swapping the speedo drive into the 265, duh!

With regards to the big brake setup, I feel I'm a little to late into the local pick n pulls to actually get the parts.

As for the brake lines, what diameter brake lines should be used to re-line the car?

75 2002 "Project Turb02"

95 Hellrot M3 *Sold

95 332is *Sold

diameter? Stock, of course- I don't remember the tubing size,

but I seem to remember it's a 10x1 thread with a bubble ('European')

flare. It's actually stocked by my FLAPS, so I don't know where to get

it generically...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL