• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blower motor swap ?

six2four

No they won't Totally different design. I put a big electronics cooling fan in mine and made a resister pac and heat sink to make it work. If I were to do it again (and I someday might) I would just pony up the bones or clams or whatever you call them and buy a new one for an 02. I'd personally get one with the fan blade as I have heard they are balanced at the factory.

John

IMG_0431.jpg

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

I'd pony up the bones instead of the clams.

Shellfish tends to give off odors after a few days.

My control valve started leaking this year, I rebuilt that with new o-rings, but then the control cable snapped off. Total heater box rebuild is imminent. I already have the center console removed. I think the first COLD morning will force me into the job.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Guest Anonymous

much more efficient. The other cars BMW built at the time of the 2002's model run also used cages rather than a fan blade. I have a couple of good used 2002 heater blower motors available. They have been tested for proper function. Located in Vacaville,CA.

shermanmartinez@hotmail.com

Steve, you're right about the bones, but the clams can't smell any worse than all the rat pooh I found in the heater box. Don't fret about the heater box rebuild, took me less than 2 hours to get everything apart and the box out and dismantled. Just follow the heater box refurbishment FAQ here, it's very well done. Having said that, we'll see how long it takes to get this back together again!