• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restoration Books for Nubie – Suggestions Please

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am new and am thinking of the either the BMW '02 Restoration Guide by R.M. Clarke or BMW Haynes Manual by Chilton.

Do these cover tii's?

Thank you all, again.

Igor

I am new and am thinking of the either the BMW '02 Restoration Guide by R.M. Clarke or BMW Haynes Manual by Chilton.

Do these cover tii's?

Thank you all, again.

Igor

Get 'em both. The Restoration Guide has lots of stuff not covered in the Haynes, and the Haynes covers the basic maintenance stuff not covered in the Restoration Guide. The Restoration Guide is better than Haynes for tii injection.

Jerry

no bimmer, for now

You can find various books on our cars on Ebay for not too much money. I've got Chilton's, Clymer, Haynes and McCartney's. Each book has strengths over each of the others, so I would grab everything that comes along. And don't forget the factory blue books! Those appear on Ebay or this forum fairly regularly, including reprints for less money.

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Guest Anonymous
You can find various books on our cars on Ebay for not too much money. I've got Chilton's, Clymer, Haynes and McCartney's. Each book has strengths over each of the others, so I would grab everything that comes along. And don't forget the factory blue books! Those appear on Ebay or this forum fairly regularly, including reprints for less money.

what are these factory blue books?

You can get the Repair Manual on DVD from BavAuto (www.bavauto.com)- and it runs on Vista (Enterprise on my machine) and XP Pro. Have not compared it to the blue books.

I would also download the parts manual from the Tii registry (www.tiiregister.com). I am frequently looking things up here. Pick up the wiring diagrams as well here.

Get comfortable using the site search as there is tremendous info in this forum.

--J

Guest Anonymous

thank you again. its great that this info is available on cd. i just bought haynes manual on amazon.

once i do wind up with a 2002, i will post that for everyone.

I bought the two volume blue manual for about $100. It is expensive, but this is my first experience with a restoration...and I've never done my own mechanic work on a car.

I've opened the manuals twice (not including just leafing through) and for the answers I already have gotten from the manuals, well worth the price.

Samplemaven

BMWCCA #420368

'72 2002 Tii Inka restoration project

'07 550i Titanium Silver, steptronic...ED 2006

Guest Anonymous

Another resource that I find to be really helpful is Keith Kreegers site. my2002tii.com. Alot of great information there even if you dont have a tii.