• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fiberglass on fiberglass? Bad idea?

tgallie

I was considering going for the cahsel group 2 fender flares. One of my fronts is in mediocre shape so I plan on replacing that as well. I was thinking of going for the forum's fiberglass fenders. Will there be any problems going with the flares on top of the fiberglass fenders? What kind of weight savings do you get from the fiberglass fenders? Anyone tried these? Thanks.

The standard guards are fairly light but Ive never picked up a fiberglass one so I can't really compare but I'm sure the saving would be pretty good

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

Yup, it's good, and if you use a bit of fabric underneath, will be nice and solid.

Do make sure to rough up the surface to let everything 'key' together well.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I've got a passenger side fiberglass fender from the faq which is brand new that I will sell for 125 + shipping if you are interested. I was going to install them and a fiberglass hood but things changed.