• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior Options

toddw

The color of my car is Chamonix with Navy. I have just ordered black carpet from Esty. I would like to replace seats with Recaro seats and talked to Dave @ Aardvarc racing today and he sells the seats, rear seat, and door panel kits for front and rear. What does everyone think about replacing with his black kit? The car is currently at the shop so I can't look at the dash and console but are they black or navy?

Thanks...

Mine is Fjord with navy interior. Don't know how POs molested interior but dash and console are black.

I know what you mean about switching to black - much better availability.

Bruce

'75 2002 - Fjord

I personally don't think you can go wrong with black. I had that exact color combination and switched to a black interior with two tone Charmonix and polaris (alpina style) exterior. An all black interior was a bit much for me so went with the esty's salt/pepper carpet kit--my car should be finished in two weeks so will get some pics posted then.

If your blue panels and seats are in good condition, you should sell them off to partially finance your color switch. You should have an easy time finding good quality vintage black back panels, front door panels will be harder to come by, but sounds like you are planning on installing new ones anyway.

Thanks for the feedback! Please send me pics of exterior and interior as well when you are finished. It sounds awesome... After looking at Dave's website all night. I found out that he does all the door kits very reasonable. I also like the Saddle Brown & Buck Skin. SO many choices with this car. I want to pre-wire car for a premium sound system as well and can't decide if the speakers should be installed in the door kit or try to find custom kick panels.

I'm not a big sound guy, but I'm keeping the speakers the previous owner installed in the storage tray under the back window and under the dash. My son thinks I also need a pair of tweeters in the center console, seems a lot of speaker power for NPR :-) Please don't destroy your door panels.

I want to pre-wire car for a premium sound system as well and can't decide if the speakers should be installed in the door kit or try to find custom kick panels.

Todd - a number of people in the Brit car world have installed Miata seats that have speakers in the headrests. Not sure of the look but an option.