• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Touch up For BBS Wheels, Search the Forum

justinevert

I am touching up some 15" wheels I got last week and from the search found that to match existing color, to use Krylon "Dull Aluminum" followed by Krylon clear coat. If I use Wurths it would be too shinny and not match.

Is there anything else I should know or take into consideration?

Not going for "new" just to "match".

Thanks in advance!!

Justin

The question is not that we broke a few rules or took certain liberties with our female guests.

We did ;)

Charlie don't surf!!

i just did a set of rs's and on cj's recommendation i used 2000 mercedes silver and clear. its a dead on match. if i were trying to touch up thats what id use. if youre redoing the entire wheel then its less of an issue but the mercedes matches the bbs silver very well

heres a mocked up shot not assembled yet. needs more polishing but i wanted to see what theyd look like. thanks to ought2 for polishing tips

IMG_0704.jpg

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Guest Anonymous

Touch up or refinish?

Even if you use the factory paint, touching up MAY still not match, depending upon the shape of the original untouched and possibly faded finish.

good luck

I am touching up some 15" wheels I got last week and from the search found that to match existing color, to use Krylon "Dull Aluminum" followed by Krylon clear coat. If I use Wurths it would be too shinny and not match.

Is there anything else I should know or take into consideration?

Not going for "new" just to "match".

Thanks in advance!!

Justin

For small touch-ups, try a silver Sharpie. I've had decent luck w/ my BBS's - not perfect, but you can't tell from 3' away.

It's fast and cheap. They work on silver steel rims and the speedo surround bezel too.

Guest Anonymous

He never explained exactly what he was trying to do, bet it cover scratches or attempt to restore some gloss. Your suggestion was a good one though.