• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

205 50 13 tires on a lowered 73 2002 question

lighthousemaui

Only a few questions:

1. How low is low?

2. What camber have you added to the car?

3. How wide are your rims?

4. Have you rolled the fenders?

In my case:

1. IE Stage 2 springs.

2. IE Camber plates, works out to just under 2 degrees negative each side.

3. 7 inch Revolutions

4. Yes.

I am running Kumho 710's that are 215/50/13. Under the fenders.

David

Thanks for the reply David

At the moment the car is sitting 2 inches lower than stock. Running the common stock type aluminum wheels (name and width unknown). Camber is at what it turned out to be after dropping it without camber adjustment and it handles like a dream. Fenders are not rolled but well within my ability to do so if need be. Being out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean and owning 3 2002's I have to keep my eyes open and take whatever comes my way whenever it does. I don't need these at the moment but, am not about to pass up a deal when it is presented. (If they will fit with or without some adjustments)

Aloha, Gary

MAUI HAWAII

Gary,

Yes, pick them up but the set up you have could grind them up very quickly. The 205's should go on 6 inch rims, or larger. With no changes to the front camber you will eat the out side of the front's while you are grinding the inside of the rear's.

Maui is not that large, but the drive to Hanna, at the right time of day, could be very fun.

DB

I guess I will not know until they are mounted how they will look, fit, and handle. Hopefully I am not wasting my time picking these up. Maybe the lower profile tire will allow me to lower my 73 car even further. Ninety percent of my driving is on tight twisting roads so the lower and smaller the tire I would assume would translate into tighter quicker response.

MAUI HAWAII

Going to Hana next weekend. The drive is a blast. Always head there at night when there is no traffic so it is a very white knuckled ride. I wouldnt ride with me. I live on the complete opposite end of the island and the roads are similar so I know my car very well. My tires that I am currently running are wearing very evenly. Do you think the 205s will wear differently?

MAUI HAWAII

I've got 205/55 R13's on the tii, with about 1 1/2 to 2 in lowering. I have never had any rubbing problems, even when pushing the car in autox.

20070929_0340.jpg

(thought the thread needed a pic or two..)

Hope that helps.

Ps: The tires are sumitumo.

-Zac

Zac Cardinal

1972 2002tii's Blog

1976 2002 "Margie"s blog

IMG_2146copy.jpg