• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alpina center caps

dscoff

Well Jonathan,

Ronal was in 02 times the company to produce the rims for Alpina and their Alpina lookalikes are indeed very similar.

But as far as I remember hub caps cannot be interchanged orig Alp to Ronal. At least caps do not last very long.

There is no need to buy hub caps at W+N. Available at Alpina themselves also - that`s where Walloth+Nesch buys! If there are any problems with buying Alpina parts in US or CAN contact me - I´m a german and I do know Mrs Miller and Mrs Schuster from Alpinas sales department meanwhile.

Air dam and small Alpina flares are also still available as "originals". More expensive than US remakes I would assume though.

Special Alpina floor mats for 02 never delivered by Alpina.

Best regards, Lars.

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.

@Jonathan:

Yep, do it like this. They´re mostly very friendly.

@Armond:

http://www.alpina-automobiles.com/en/alpina-contact/alpina.html

If there might be any problems feel free to contact me. Maybe I can help as I know some of their employes personally meanwhile.

AND: Do not expect too many of the old 02 parts to be available! Center caps, maybe some rests of wheels (not sure about that - last time I asked for rims was about two years ago), air dam, small flares and that´s about it.

Carbs, brakes, struts, sway bars, shocks butterfly - all NLA. if you need something like that you can contact me. I collected some bits myself and do also know some people that did the same. But sit down before asking for prices - you might hurt yourself if not by falling on the floor, hehe (not really funny though with the prices).

Best regards, Lars.

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.

Well,

didn´t know this concrete website and the company before. Did know that Alpina had one or more companies to work with in US and heard rumors that those changed sometimes in the past as at least on part of the relationship wasn´t happy with it. But don´t know if that´s really true.

I would suggest to ask for actual prices and availability (E21 list at KSK is dated November 2007!). Then tell me about it and we can see, if I maybe can get parts here in Germany that KSK can´t supply or if prices might be cheaper with buying here in Germany. Shipping costs quite high though. Some 02 parts NLA at Alpina are also available through private reproduction over here. So feel free to post or send PM with your "wish list" and we will see if I can maybe help.

Best regards, Lars.

Já nevím, možná zítra.

Didn`t say "don´t buy at W+N, they´re a..holes"! On the contrary they´re reliable, friendly and take parts back with no discussion if one is not satisfied. I do order some parts there myself.

Just wanted to point out that concerning Alpina parts they are re-sellers. To me in D it means the same either to phone W+N or to phone Alpina - except I might save a little money with buying Alpina parts directly at Alpina. As I now learned it is not that easy in US or CAN. And presumably the small price advantage get´s eaten up by S/H until parts are on your side of the pond if related to only center caps.

BTW (little off-topic): About 1,5 or 2 years W+N introduced Ansa sport resonator and muffler (225/227) in their portfolio. Did a web search at that time and prices were only about half in US. Googled again just a minute ago and didn´t find any offers. Are those sold out?

Best regards, Lars.

Já nevím, možná zítra.

Interested in suspension components. Inverted Bilsteins, sway bars, progressive rate springs, and camber plates. Alpina airbox for side draft carbs as well.

OK, let´s see:

1. Alpina did not use camber plates. They had the complete struts changed to negative camber.

2. Progressive Alpina springs I first know from E21. Alpina 02 in early days just had cut off standard springs and later on linear ones.

3. You´re roghly informed about prices on old original Alpina parts? Will be cheaper to buy actual parts e.g. IE with having similar driving results I would assume. If you nevertheless want original Alpina here you go.

4. Don´t have all parts in my own stock (or at least not willing to sell my own ones) but I know where to locate.

Front struts two sets available: One is height-adjustable negative camber with Bilstein upside-downs. One is negative camber with lowered spring base and standard Bilstein (group 2 thick piston rod). First for Germany only delivered for track use, second was available for street cars. Fitting rear inverted Bilsteins available also.

Linear springs I do have in stock but will not sell. We´re currently after having them remade through a friend inofficially at Eibach Germany.

Adjustable sway-bars (not the clamped version as e.g. IE offers, stepwise screwed with Unibals) I will have to phone around. Not sure if possible to get some. We´re planning on having a remake of my set in stock also.

Air box: Which one do you want? The tubular stock TI one with the cut-out ends and bigger 1500 air filters you had a post on just a short time ago or the triangular one as on the photo? Both delivered by Alpina.

Triangular one was to come with complete modified stage 1 Alpina cars (A1, A1/3 or A0 kit). As tested on a friend´s dyno is not suitable for high-power engines (neither 1600 nor 2002) because restricts air too much.

Last three things: You asked in an older post which pistons used in Alpina 1600 engines. AFAIK they used 1600TI in the less modified engines and Mahle forged Hemis small bore for the high-powered. Hemis very similar to the 89P14 or later 89P15 used for 2 Liter.

As you maybe plan on mounting dual Weber sidedrafts on 1600 I´d like to say that I do have a set of new small diameter 1600TI intake manifolds that I would be willing to sell. Collected them somewhere some time ago but do not really need them as I do only deal with 2 Liter.

And in an old thread you were searching on a photo of the chromed Alpina center caps - I attached one.

Best regards, Lars.

post-16304-13667602243397_thumb.jpg

post-16304-13667602244576_thumb.jpg

Já nevím, možná zítra.

Lars, not to hijack Armonds thread, here in California I have a 1600ti delivered to Autohaus Bad Salzufflen on Dec 12, 1967, the car has Alpina flares that appear to have been installed in Europe along with an early Alpina roll bar and other features that lead me to belive it was used for road/ralley racing, would you be kind enouogh please to e-mail me so we could discuss further. Thank you, roger

RK in OC

ex- 67 1600ti/Aplina

http://rogerspeed.tripod.com/bmw_1600tialpina/

83 A/R Spider Veloce

"I come from a broken home, I should know, I broke it" Bazooka Joe