• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage rear fog as 3rd brakelight

Lebowski

I finally got around to putting a vintage "STOP" lens into a no name fog light to use as a bumper mounted 3rd brakelight. I still plan on using an inside the window brake light as well, but one project at a time...

post-14664-13667600995373_thumb.jpg

post-14664-13667600998012_thumb.jpg

post-14664-13667601000448_thumb.jpg

Aaron

Walter: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. I'll get you a toe by this afternoon--with nail polish...

That was my hope anyway. I wasn't going for a subtle slow down please... more like stop now and do not hit my car with your SUV...

I doubt if anything will be 100% certain to prevent a rear-ender by the idiot sticks on the roads around here!

Aaron

Walter: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. I'll get you a toe by this afternoon--with nail polish...

Thanks! If ANYTHING on my car remotely resembles one of Bill Williams cars I am flattered. I swear it seems like I have fewer people on my rear bumper at stoplights in the past couple of days. I debated about whether or not to drill my bumper, but in the end I like the finished look without a bracket. The only problem now is that it is by far the shiniest thing on the back of the car!

Aaron

My car at some point had a rear fog lamp - there is a hole in the left-side upper bumper (just like yours) with a loose-fitting cap and a wire in the trunk with hole in rear panel. The green fog lamp pushbutton in the shifter console has been connected to (2) Hella driving lights (which I've never used).

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"