• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

paint scheme

madpaddler

I have asked before opinions of how to get a nice look and not be too over the top. Did a little photoshop work to the image below, not my car and cannot remember who's photo this belongs to, forgive me if it is a members. Some feedback would be appreciated...thinking of doing this with my 73

post-9373-13667598754715_thumb.jpg

'76 2002 A "camo blue"

'73 2002 A Chamonix

'71 Airstream Globetrotter

'72 2002 A Verona-crashed then stolen

2007 Toyota FJ

Guest Anonymous

Sorry, but I thought the stripe was a shadow. My screen is pretty bright too, so it is hard for me to discern the side color difference.

Its actually my car, only before I owned it. The photo came off the Only02 website. Only02 did some work on it and sold it to someone in Flagstaff. I bought it from the guy in Flagstaff.

Bill

1973 2002 Chamonix sunroof (soon to be M42 swap)
2015 Ford Explorer-Wife
1999 Jeep Cherokee

1991 318i convertible (donor)

Guest Anonymous

I cut and pasted the picture which helped. I really like the 2 tone. The important thing would be to make the second color dark enough so that it doesn't look like a shadow and light enough so it doesn't overpower the lighter color (if that made any sense) the stripe I would make the darker color. I wouldn't introduce a 3rd color for the stripe.

I always liked your paint scheme esty. I think Scott is right I'm trying to have the colors be close enough but not have as much contrast. I think your two tone works because the colors are separated.

'76 2002 A "camo blue"

'73 2002 A Chamonix

2007 Toyota FJ

I always liked your paint scheme esty. I think Scott is right I'm trying to have the colors be close enough but not have as much contrast. I think your two tone works because the colors are separated.

i'd like to do a very dark burgundy & black metallic...i'm thinking about that on my e30

something like the mustang...only darker burgandy

post-164-13667598766109_thumb.jpg

i'd like to do a very dark burgundy & black metallic...i'm thinking about that on my e30

something like the mustang...only darker burgandy

That idea is great, with the darker bottom it pulls the car lower visually. If you do that with the E30, send pics!

'76 2002 A "camo blue"

'73 2002 A Chamonix

2007 Toyota FJ

I like the stronger contrasting two-tone paint schemes, but am not a big fan of only a slight color change (as you are suggesting). To me it seems to suggest that the car is unfinished (like you bought mismatching paint perhaps), or that you really aren't sure what you want.

Either go for it in a big way (how about black on top ala Alpina?) or just paint the car a solid color with perhaps a stripe or some subtle pinstriping..

My opinion only - it's your car and ultimately do what you feel is the right thing! Post photos when it's done...

Good luck!

-Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!