• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

in the woods 2002

bricklayer

Guest Anonymous
trying to find the owner of this one its at an abandoned house....has few good parts on it body is rough....but it has a locking gas cap has anyone seen that before?

I have owned 4 02's. Each of them had a locking gas cap. I always thought they were fairly common. Almost as common as 02's today, I guess.

Strangely though, the price of an original locking gas cap has jumped enormously on ebay.

I recently stupidly lost mine when I left it on the bumper....

and found out the same locking cap was going for over $70 on ebay, holy crap!

The new locking cap that BMW sells is flat and doesn't look as nice as the original style, plus it costs over $45. Its $25 just for a non-locking new cap.

I went for a week or two with just duct tape over my gas tank....no parts store even had a generic replacement.

I put a free lost and found ad in the local newspaper, and by some miracle a girl found it and saw the ad, and gave it back to me. That thing made it well over 20 miles before I hit a bump and it bounced off.

Never again, I'm gonna rig up a cord to hold it in place or something.

So yeah, if you can find the key to that cap, i'd sell it on ebay!

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

I recently stupidly lost mine when I left it on the bumper....

I put a free lost and found ad in the local newspaper, and by some miracle a girl found it and saw the ad, and gave it back to me. That thing made it well over 20 miles before I hit a bump and it bounced off.

My gas cap rode on the trunk lid for about 5 miles one time. A guy at a red light pointed it out to me. It fell off pulling into the next driveway.

Jerry

no bimmer, for now