• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lee's 19mm spacers-rim size?

SRC60

My '74 has e30 bottlecaps w/ 195/60's and had a slight rub on the tie rod end and tire. After installing the 19mm spacers, the rub is so bad the car is undriveable. I tried 15 x 6 BBS RA's with 35mm offset (rim only) and the tie rod looks like it may contact the rim. I have a set of 15 x 6/7 BBS RA's from an e21, offset 13mm, that clear easily but stick out too far on the outside to run unless you have flares.

I am planning on getting new wheels anyway and was curious as to what size rim and tire any of you are running with these spacers? Will 15 x7 with 25mm offset fit? I want to make sure before I buy them.

TIA, Steve.

I have 57x7 et25 with 5mm spacers and slight rub on tie –rod.

I shaved a hair off the end of my tie-rod with a grinder.

8mm spacers would be the ticket, but they only had 5mm

in stock where I went, and I didn’t want to install longer studs,

or push the wheel out any further since I’m pretty low. I also

have coilovers and adj. camber plates.

I'm looking for somebody thats using Lee's 19mm spacers that go between the strut and the steering arm/balljoint. This moved the tie rod down a similiar amount resulting in it being in a section of the tire with more bulge. Trying to see what other people were running, wheel/tire wise, with these spacers.

Steve.

Steve, I actually have the 32mm spacers. My interference was with the tie-rod rubbing the tire.

My tires are Falken Azenis 205/50/15 and have thick rubber near the wheel rim.

Sorry I can’t offer any recommendations beyond what I have done.

Lee or Moe would be your best source for information.

Both their cars have been a model for me.

Stacy

peteinjp, going from an offset of 21mm to 25mm will move the rim in 4mm and going from a 6" to a 7" rim will move it in ~12-13mm. This will give you 16-17mm less clearance. This is all at the rim where the tie rod is with 15" rims.

I mounted a 15x6-35mm offset rim and there was very little clearance between the tie rod and rim. This was with the suspension hanging down. I think it may have actually hit when the suspension was loaded. A 7" rim with 25mm offset will have 2-3mm less clearance than this.

I think a 20mm offset will result in tire rubbing issues.

Best option may be a 6" rim with around 25 - 30 mm offset.

Steve.