• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn Signal Relay

ritme

Fix it with this method.....I've been there. Really. This is WAY better, and cheaper!

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/content/view/41/32/

After years of expensive fixes and electrical demons, this is way better than a new flasher relay.

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

1. Not working at all? check the fuse, then the bulbs. All bulbs must be functioning properly for the flasher unit to work. Do your 4 way flashers work? If so, the problem is not in the flasher unit, as the 4 ways use the same flasher.

2. Inside blinker in the dash not working or only blinks once or twice? Lots of info in the archives on how to fix that (and it's an easy fix). If you can't find, drop me an e-mail--I did a column on that some years ago.

These flasher units rarely die completely--you should be able to find a used one cheaply from someone on the board that will plug right in. Remember though that on your '68, each wire plugs into the flasher unit individually, so make sure you get the correct wire on the the correct terminal when transferring.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

on how to fix your flasher--worth a try as it's a lot cheaper than a new one!

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite