• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 questions where I need your expertise...

vic74

Fellow enthusiasts I have 2 separate questions:

1. anyone know what the replacement Hella headlight part number is?

2. I found a set of wheels that I like but not sure if they fit my 74 and this is where I need your expertise please.

Specs are as follows:

Front Size: 2 rims 15x7 with 2.5" Lip, offset is +15

Rear Size: 2 rims 15X8 with 3.5" Lip 0ffset is +0

Bolt Pattern: 4X100 and 4X114.3 (4.5")

Offset: +0 mm

Weight: About 16.5 lbs each

I will be installing Turbo flares if that makes a difference.

Thank you all for your input.

Vic

74 Inka

O=00=O

to fit. Possibly some spacers too. Other's probably have a better idea on that than me.

I don't think the non 4 x 100 bolt pattern on the rears will work.

You might want to think about what staggered wheels will do to the handling too.

Paul in Richmond
'70 Chamonix
'85 535i, 2000 R1100R

I'm sorry Paul I guess I was not clear. Both front and the rear have 4X100 and 4X114.3 bolt patterns. Do you know what the stock offset is on the 2002?

As far as staggered wheels go, I've read in most cases it improves handling of the car but it also depends on the vehicle's weight split to do so.

Your gonna need to run your headlights through a relay for those H4's Early cars run all the headlight power through the high low switch. It will work for a while but in the end things will melt and some things will let the smoke out and they will no longer work.

The wheels will work with flares. I have 13X8 5mm offset and 235/45/13 tires. They clear the rear swing arms and shocks so I would guess those wheels would work too. Caution about running into the spring perch with big tires. Also watch the front valence when getting close to full lock steering.

Stock offset is around 25mm.

John

• Like 1

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades