• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mike Hannigan (I know... not again..)

merek22

I'm short 700 due to him, and his disappearance, and as I understand, other people are as well.... Is there any way someone can find out what his deal is? or where he is?

Or are there options to get my money back another way? I tried escalating a claim through paypal.... not sure how that will turn out though.

Thanks,

Merek

'75 2002

Hi...I finally went to my credit card company (american express) and they pressured paypal to return my $. Mike never surfaced about our deal. That is why I always pay with a credit card so you have some recourse against a vendor who refuses to honor their agreements. I hope you fair as well!

BMW 2002 owner since 1981

Thanks I haven't thought of that, but yes I paid with a credit card.... I will see what I can do.

a suggestion...file the claim 1st with your credit card company....paypal will drag their feet until it's too late to dispute the charge at the bank

the bank will reverse the paypal charge without all the aggravation you'll have to deal with with paypal..

ask me how i know

Did anyone ever find out what happened with Mike?

I wondered that too. I mean for years he sold and DELIVERED on tons of 2002 parts. then just fell of the earth. Is he still alive?

75 2002: weber, ANSA, lowered, 14" wheels, new engine, new suspension, rust free & square.

way to guilt trip us there TTyMiller... :)

I don't really know Mike, but every time I talked to him he was very nice and respectable, so I know he didn't just run away with the money.

Hopefully he's alright and will be back on track soon...

-Merek

'75 2002

Mike is a great guy.  I will be really sorry if he's left the business.  Having said that, he has definitely left his shop location.  I've been past on several occaisions and he's just not there.. doors locked and it looks like the landlord has put some stuff in the yard.  I haven't been able to talk to the stone masons who are next door and also use the yard.  Maybe I'll try again next week.I too am concerned that something may have happened to him.  In addition to working on our cars, he was rehabbing his house.Pat

1970 BMW 2002 E10

Project Blog for 2002 work

http://mydrive.roadfly.com/blog/patmryan/

way to guilt trip us there TTyMiller... :)

I don't really know Mike, but every time I talked to him he was very nice and respectable, so I know he didn't just run away with the money.

Hopefully he's alright and will be back on track soon...

-Merek

Sorry, I guess my compassionate side was coming out. I gotta keep that shit in check and man up.

I also tried to find him last time I was in Baltimore. 2002 stuff outside of the shop but no Mike. I like the guy, he is talented, but he did really rip me off. I had to sell my car he restored at a big loss because of various problems he was not around to fix. I also went by his house, no one home but a pack and ship container out front. My guess is that he simply left and those of us that were waiting for work or parts (or whoose cars he may have had!) are SOL. Bill, if you or anyone else gets more info, please let me know. Phil