• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much grills are worth?

Arshloch

Guest Anonymous

Probably as much as someone will pay for them?

Hint: I'll bet you are smart enough to know that some things are worth more to some people than others. Ever look at something called Ebay? Worth? Reasonable? Unreasonable?

The part for a heater is probably WORTH more on the South Pole than somewhere on the equator.

Guest Anonymous

I agree that "worth" is a very subjective term. But I got two semi-straight, but badly painted grills for $50 at a swap meet and I paid $100 for one very clean and straight one from another FAQ person. Of course one can pay over $600 for a new pair of grills. My experience is used ones can be straightened with judicious use of pliers and gentle tapping with a small rubber mallet. You also need to confirm that the small loop behind the clear reflector is still intact to pull the grill in flush with the fender. Finally, I had good success cleaning all paint off 2002 grills, to create the 1600-look, with paint stripper. Good luck.

Roger

'72 Malaga

What are early unpainted and undamaged grills worth?

New ones are now $414 each. 2 years ago I paid $225 for a set of brand new old stock ones here on the FAQ. For my early 2002, I subsequently and painstakingly taped them off and shot them with Wurth self etching primer and several coats of SEM trim black. They look fantastic, the paintwork applied by me was defiantly more careful than Hans back in old Bavaria.

Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--

I didn't know early '02 grills were painted. I ordered the black aluminum slats from BMW to go on my newly anodized grills for my '72.

i didnt either. bmw sells the black slats to cover them with

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

There is a euro junkyard here that overprices on everything. They have junked tons of 02s in the 80's and 90's.I wanna see if I can get a good deal out of them, hence those assholes have stuff sitting around for ages.....

I would say this: very good original shape (undamaged, with no paint) $150-200 tops for all

Good shape: $100

Junk $50

68' 2002 DD