• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my first 2002 resto

vwsone01

ok. so i have had this car for 2 months or so. BUT i have not logged my updates, so what you will be reading is what i have had done to it...from when i first had it to its current state. i will be updating this blog on occassion.

anyway, i have always loved these cars, but never really wanted to get one. i was always and still am into veedubs, aircooled and water cooled. i have had around a total of 25 or so vws and only a few bimmers, mainly e30 m3, e36 m3 and my wifes 325i touring...UNTIL my friend called me up and said that there was a meet happening at the marina, in san francisco...

so my wife and i went there, drove up and saw around 10 or so gathered at the parking lot. we looked around and were so amazed, well, atleast i was. also, everyone was so friendly. no stuck up people, just regular guys hanging out and and answered pretty much all the questions i had regarding these cars. after getting home that day, i hopped on the computer and did research, collecting pics, TONS of pics of modded 2002s.

so finally, my friend and i did a trade! i just wanted to drive it around and figure it out...you know how it is, a learning curve...NOT KNOWING THAT I WOULD LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!

i will post pics of how i got the car, and its current state, at the body shop getting it painted. i hope you guys enjoy as well as post comments, negative or positive, i would love feedback.

i will also post some pics of cars and motorcycles that i have completed in the past.

talk/see you guys soon...

vwsone...soon to be bmwsone

post-13759-13667596256205_thumb.jpg

so after looking all over the net, i liked how these cars looked without their front bumper and having a front spoiler. so the first thing i did was pull it off. and headed out to a local 2002 specialty place. i got the spoiler, jacked up the car, and it took forever to put on since it it did not line up how i wanted it. plus it was kind of hard doing it by myself, my best friend was the duct tape, to hold it up, while i played with its positioning. i read on the board that it would be good to use something like what you would use in your backyard to seal up the gap between the spoiler and the body of your 02. but instead, i used the rubber piece of my garage's thresh-hold. IMO, it looked better.

post-13759-13667596262742_thumb.jpg

post-13759-13667596264358_thumb.jpg

Right on welcome. Im new to this myself but making it more difficult for me Im doing this on a very low budget. Are you in San Francisco?

yes, BUDGET is my worst enemy!

i am in pacifica, used to live in the city...i love burbs.

:)

ok. another addition i added to the car was to get rid of the ROTA wheels. dont get me wrong, i love how it looked, but i wanted another wheel that was not as common. so i ended up getting compomotives. maybe when the car is done, i will put on my bbs rs on it? but my 16v would be so mad!!!

post-13759-13667596297111_thumb.jpg

post-13759-13667596298674_thumb.jpg

Hey vwsone01. Nice to meet you the other day, and good to see some photos of your car. Curious to see how it looks after paint and with the "new" rear bumper. See you 'round. Grover.

hey grover!

yes. you are a good person to have met! I LOVE YOUR CAR!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Another VW/BMW owner!!! Your Cabriolet looks amazing. The '02 isn't bad either.

thanks! i bleed VWs, and now bmws as well!!!

anyway, i stopped by the body shop. took some pics...here they are. the glass will be removed once ALL the sanding has been done...shaved and cleaned up.

post-13759-13667597350301_thumb.jpg

post-13759-1366759735199_thumb.jpg

thanks!

real FUCHs and REAL Raders.

here are more pics of the car, block and sand...block and sand...block and sand...block and sand...block and sand...block and sand...block and sand...block and sand...block and sand...block and sand...block and sand...block and sand...block and sand...block and sand...

post-13759-13667597660898_thumb.jpg

post-13759-13667597661971_thumb.jpg

post-13759-13667597662922_thumb.jpg

post-13759-13667597663887_thumb.jpg

post-13759-13667597664975_thumb.jpg

here are more pics of the car, block and sand...block and sand...block and sand...block and sand...block and sand...block and sand...block and sand...block and sand...block and sand...block and sand...block and sand...block and sand...block and sand...block and sand...

oh how i remember those days!

Keep it up and you'll have a beautiful paint job

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky