• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Correcting" Bent Alloy Wheel Lip

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

OK, here's the deal. I just rec'd by Fed Ex this morning, four quite used 14" BBS RZ wheels purchased cheap off E-Bay. I plan to restore them over the Winter. Three of them appear decent. The fourth has a slightly bent lip that extends for about two inches, although the rest of the wheel appears perfect. My question is, has anyone attempted to tap out such defects with a mallet and wooden block, or some other home garage remedy? Or am I delusional and this has to be done by a big-bucks professional? TIA

Roger

'72 Malaga

Guest Anonymous

Sorry no pic, but I've never been able to get Photobucket to work on my machine. The two inch slight bend in, is on the outside rim, probably from hitting a curb hard.

I don't know about your area, but there is a guy who services Seattle area shops that repairs cast wheels.

My son hit a curb with his SHO and I (insurance company) replaced the bent wheel with a new part form Ford $450.

The tire shop suggested I send the bent wheel out for repair $75.

Came back good as new