• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Relocation Blues

ClayW

I just moved to Washington, DC and am looking for a job (anyone know any architects up here?). The bad part is that I had to leave my 02 in Texas until I find a suitable place to store it for the winter up here. Man, I miss year-round driving!

Otherwise, I guess I'll have to stick with watching for updates on the board members' project blogs.

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

Its not that bad in DC in the winter, unless your car is showroom I'd consider driving it year round down there. Just don't use it on rainy/snowy winter days.

Do you have off street parking?

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

Guest Anonymous

I think you'll find it's a pretty good place to live. And there are quite a few of us 2002 curmudgeons around, too.

David Roach

"Molly" (Inka 1973 2002)

"Nick" (Schwartz 2004 330xi)

for the Shenandoah Festival.

There will be several of the locals there.

------

ust a reminder that this show has been rescheduled for this Saturday, the

11th from 10:00 to 5:00 at Lasting Impressions Landscaping & Garden Center.

In addition to the show, we will be having a European Cruise-In open to any

European make.

Food and drinks will be available with live entertainment playing from

approximately 10:30 till 5:00. Also, the Mt. Jackson Apple/Grape Harvest

Festival is scheduled for this weekend with fun and activities for the whole

family. We will have a shuttle running every 30 minutes for anyone who

wishes to join in the town's festivities.

http://mountjacksonva.org/apple_harvest_festival.htm

The Garden Center address is 5450 Main Street, Mt. Jackson.

From Manassas, take I66 west to I81 south to exit 273. Left off the exit and

follow to the stoplight.

Make right at the light and we're about 1/4 mile on the left.

Anyone with questions can call John Estep @ 540-421-1095 or Mark Miller @

540-975-0932.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

until I find a suitable place to store it for the winter up here.

There is a space available in the garage in Ashton, Maryland, where Otis and Izzy the Isetta live. It's a really nice building, with a full shop (with Snap-On tools) and a 9,000 pound lift. Otis and Izzy (and my Brimar trailer) all live there with their neighbor, an original matching-numbers "The Judge" - what a cool car (orange!). Email me offline at davidbowen5828 at comcast dot net if you are interested. Otis could always use a good neighbor - the guy on the other side of Otis is a slumlord -- a '67 Caddy, all rusted, waiting for resto - drives me crazy, since the owner spreads his rusty parts all over the floor. We're trying to evict him.

Of course, there is rent involved, so finding a job will be job one. Sorry, I don't know any architects (other than a golf-course architect, who is sucking wind right now, with the economy the way it is).

I just moved to Washington, DC and am looking for a job (anyone know any architects up here?).

My firm is looking for architects, but our closest office to DC is Baltimore, so that's probably no help. We have other offices east of Mississippi R if you don't take to DC. Email me at randymolson at gmail dot com if you ever want more info.

Yeah, I would drive year round if I lived in DC. Well below the Mason-Dixon line.

67 Caribe 1600

76 Ceylon 2002