• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Battery relocation cable!

new2the02

What gauge cable is the typical battery relocation? I've got 4 gauge monster cable that has never been used. Am I seriously looking at creating a fire hazard or creating other potential problems when using 4 gauge to put my battery in the trunk? Do I need to use one aught?

i believe e30 cable is 3 gauge and that powers all the electronics of a 1990's car. I used to have an e30 cable but lost it somehow, bodyshop, so i made one out of 2 gauge from a set of jumper cables

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on

how about cable from e36?
not familiar with it. the e30 cable is the common cable for the 02 when relocating the battery to the rear as it is the proper length and is usually cheap.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on

Why does it have to be the e30 cable? I just dont understand why I can't put my own cable together. People say it all the time that there can be only one option but never can explain why. Im fully confident in my wireing abilities from 15 years of car audio and alarm installation, but if for some reason I must get an e30 cable then please tell me why to save a lot of hassle and effort.

Why does it have to be the e30 cable? I just dont understand why I can't put my own cable together. People say it all the time that there can be only one option but never can explain why. Im fully confident in my wireing abilities from 15 years of car audio and alarm installation, but if for some reason I must get an e30 cable then please tell me why to save a lot of hassle and effort.

IMO 4gauge is too small. I used I/0 welding cable. thing about the e30 cable is its cheap out of a junkyard, has a power dist. block, ends, etc already.

I have a battery cable set from a 1987 325is available. $25.00 plus shipping. Does not include the engine ground but does include the negative from the battery to the body.

Ahlem

'76 2002

'90 M3

'90 535i 5 speed

'89 325is '91 318is

'87 325is