• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Recaro Sport Seats

02tom

Anyone else have these old Recaro sport seats? Somebody once speculated they were maybe from a Turbo, but I've never seen any others. I did see this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Early-Porsche-911S-Recaro-Sports-Seats-Excellent_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a570Q7c39Q3a1Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem260296449494QQitemZ260296449494

for similars seat from a Porsche, which prompted this question. Plus the fact that I've been obsessing about the minute details, such as replacement gas springs, missing knobs and trim and replacement webbing, lately.

a>

a>[/img]

Guest Anonymous

No, the factory Turbo seats are different. I believe these early Recaro's were an option for the 02, although I doubt that many were installed. As you have noted from the Ebay auction they are super pricey in VG condition. All the early Porsche folks gobble them up as fast as they can (as they were also an option for the early Porsche 911 (T,E,S), very comfy as well.

Follow-up question that might answer Tom's as well - do the turbo seats have a tilt base or do they tip at the backrest hinge like all other '02 seats?

I thought the seats that tilt like those in the picture were from the 911 (RS?) and their courtesy rear seats. A pair of those went on ebay.de for a couple thousand euros last week.

--Steve

'73 2002tii Agave green #2763558

The only thing I haven't seen is another pair of seats like mine, with brackets that fit the '02. The parts of the seat frames, foams and upholstery are identical to the pitures in Porsche parts catalog, except the brackets are different and have the gas springs. Maybe the Porsche seats have the gas springs, but I can't tell from any of the pictures that I've seen.

It would be interesting to know if the Turbo seat are hinged to tip forward at the front edge of the seat or the back edge or if there is any similarity to what I have.

I don't know if I could sell mine for $3 grand or not, they fit the car and I'd never probably come on another set if I did regret selling. I'm just interested to find another '02 owner that has these for interest's sake.

Just saw this auction on ebay with some seats like mine - especially the brackets. I don't think I've seen pictures anywhere else. These may be a Euro only option, as I had a euro tii parts car that mine may have originated from and the touring on eBay is (obviously) a euro only car.

2186_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-2002-Tii-Touring-1972-2002-Tii-Touring-Coupe-Hard-to-find-classic_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42601QQihZ015QQitemZ250308066910QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

• 1 year later...

I owned a 71 2002 TI (1690976) from 1980 til 2001 which was factory ordered through the Canadian Military by an officer stationed in Germany at the time. It was ordered with these Recaros. And yes it hinged from the front. Comfortable and suportive, but bloody awful access to the back seat; the headrests hit the roof, forcing the rear passenger to squeeze and contort to access. I don't know if they were an option for regular CDN delivery cars.

Mal

71 2002(late 6 Fuse)