• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

touring coming home

inkatouring

I'm in Sacramento for business and picked up the touring.

In late May, I dopped it off with Stu at Schatz and Krum for a tranny rebuild and to have the rear disks installed. He also slapped in the Alpina sway bars to complete the Alpina suspension. The brakes proved the most time consuming, as they are total custom job (made form other BMW parts -- mostly e30). Now, it took some time, but I told Stu not to hurry, as I was in no rush (had enough going on this summer that I didn't need to worry about getting back up to Sacto to pick it up).

Anyway, the car runs great, shifts great, and stops even better. God, I missed the car!

now: '72 Inka 2000 touring, '82 Alpina C1 2.3  & '92 M5T (daily driver)

before: a lot of old BMWs (some nice, some not so much), a few air-cooled 911s and even a water-cooled Cayman S

Alpina restoration blog: https://www.alpinac1.com/

Hollister here I come.

I almost didn't post because I have no pics and no camera (still in Sacto)....

before: a lot of old BMWs (some nice, some not so much), a few air-cooled 911s and even a water-cooled Cayman S

Awesome! Yes, pictures please.

Stu rebuild the blue Tii engine and transmission about 8 years ago. The car hasn't left me stranded ever. I only do general tuneups on it (plugs, oil, clean electrical contacts, etc.) and it is as reliable as a new car (30K miles so far) IMO.

Hopefully didn't just jinx myself.

Stu is a great guy - gets busy tho - my rebuild took almost a year, but like you I wasn't in a hurry.

If I was in town still I would ask him to go through my brakes on the red car, they are no where near where they need to be.

Pictures pictures pictures! Are you storing the car outside now?

-Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

Are you storing the car outside now?

-Jason

For now, until the CSL gets a new home -- either as a rented garage or out of my life, whichever comes first. I've only changed my mind about 128 times on that question today.