• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carpet Question

FunElan

At the moment, my 1600 has it's original tattered gray mohair. I would like to replace it, as it is really baggy and is falling off at some places. My question is, is it worth it to replace it as mohair, or should I just upgrade to actual carpet? If you say mohair, where would I find a new kit??

Thanks,

Matt

'68 Caribe 1600-1563167

my opinion...the nylon blends that are commonly available look almost as good as the high priced wool blends, are available in a much broader selection of colors....a great bang for the buck

if you want an alegator on your bloomers, gahh and world upholstery sell wool carpet sets for your o2

it's worth it to you, if it makes you feel better having spent more or less money for what's basically the exact same look

Matt, this may not answer your question either, but I bought a roll of great quality carpet from this Ebay Vendor:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CARPET-BMW-E30-E36-E39-E46-L6-L7-M3-M5-M6-RS-X3-X5-Z3_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33697QQihZ011QQitemZ320291353491QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

And had a local upholsterer cut it to fit my 2002. The guy was very impressed with the material. The only drawback is that it's a little too thick and I might have to work out something to install the gas pedal. Total cost was a lot less than the price of a good quality carpet set.(I know, I still need to paint the Recaro's handles)

02interior003.jpg

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

harry....i love your rugs and have been tempted several times to buy carpet from that same vendor....however, it's important to note that the carpet he sells is the 'plush' style carpet, fitted in the later model cars, starting with the e30's, i believe, not the loop that's original to the o2's and e21's

it doesn't matter unless you're trying to achieve the original look

harry....i love your rugs and have been tempted several times to buy carpet from that same vendor....however, it's important to note that the carpet he sells is the 'plush' style carpet, fitted in the later model cars, starting with the e30's, i believe, not the loop that's original to the o2's and e21's

it doesn't matter unless you're trying to achieve the original look

You're right, Esty. I guess I probably wouldn't have used it on an early car like Matt's. I like those as stock as possible. But, my '76 is so far away from being stock that it doesn't really matter...

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290