• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mission Raceway Photos - Germania

Went today to the Mission Raceway VRCBC "Germania" race which was for qualifying for tomorrows race. This was the first time I shot moving cars but fund a nice spot to take some nice shots.

http://bmw2002.ca/gallery/end-user/mission-race-way-historic-car-race-germania

bmw2002.ca - Want a powered by Gmail you@bmw2002.ca e-mail? Contact me for a free account.

iRoxy.ca Canadian small business web hosting services

I was there also today. Was great to see a couple 02's battle for the win in the afternoon. I was surprised that some of the other cars had such a tough time with these two 02's since in the past the 02's never faired very well in the class. They were walking on cars that a couple years ago lapped them during the race. By the looks of your photos I was standing next to you during some of the races.

Yes it was good to see the 02s well represented and in fine form. I loved it when the rains affected one section of the course and not the other. The drivers all had great stories to tell afterwards. No one in BMW heraldry traded paint nor suffered any major expenses. Those cars were prepped by pros and they sure ran like it. Drivers were great to chat with also. It sure is tempting to to get out there and race with these guys. Did you get a real good look at the setups?

FA, was the Colorado resto in the parking loton Saturday yours? Alp, did you pick up the one on 6th ave. in "storage"? Who had the green one on Sunday out?

More power!

I have owned the car now for 3 or 4 months and I still haven't driven it once yet. Mine is a white 74. There was an orange 02 in the infield and another out in the parking lot missing most of its interior, was one of those yours?

I was surprised that some of the other cars had such a tough time with these two 02's since in the past the 02's never faired very well in the class.

You might be able to thank Byron Sanborn for that-

his engines build way more power than anyone in the US

had back in the day.

Remember, BMW never had any involvement in US racing,

and no- one like Brock or Group 44 took the marque under their wing...

All the good parts were a transatlantic flight away, and a lot of DM.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL