• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original (as in no others like them) mud flaps

peteinjp

I got fed up with having soft tires throw sand and stones all over the rockers and also hitting the rear fender lips near the bottom. I kept having to touch up the bottoms of the doors etc so i finally made a set of flaps. Aluminum brackets bent to shape to hold them in place. May seem silly looking but it works....

post-147-13667593619666_thumb.jpg

post-147-13667593621906_thumb.jpg

post-147-13667593623953_thumb.jpg

You must have some serious sand there. Strong enough to rip off your rear bumper rubber trim! lol

Good work. Do you have pics of the brackets you made? I've got some vintage BMW mudflaps but I'm not sure the brakets will hold up. Haven't tried them yet but I would sure hate to lose one on the road.

Cheers,

Doug

'73 tii Atlantik

Looks serious!

These cars are about driving, not looks anyway!

Cheers,

Ray

Serious, indeed!

Here's some high-performance mudflaps "doin' their thing."

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

I love the color, the lamps, and the mudflaps. Your car looks GOOD.

Wow- thanks! In terms of all the things I could do to make the car faster the lamps were one of the best enhancements as i drive mostly at night. Its tons of fun!

Here is a better overall pic and a pic of one of my "routes."

post-147-13667593667604_thumb.jpg

post-147-13667593669776_thumb.jpg

post-147-1366759367044_thumb.jpg

Here is a better overall pic and a pic of one of my "routes."

Reminds me of this route:

smallbowel.gif

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

The lamps are hella cornering lamps. They throw further than fogs but with a much wider spread than driving (pencil beams.) I can't see whats coming up around a corner without them. Only problem is with them mounted on the roof they shed too much light on the hood and it shows up in reflection on the door windows. But up high is definitely a good thing.

The suspension is ireland stage 2 rear springs with ground control coilovers up front- 300#. I.E. sways and bilstein sports. I will soon have shortened front struts with revalved (for stiffer springs) bilsteins up front. Wheels are 14x6 with 195/60 falken azenis. I love them but there is no room for vented brakes and calipers so I'll be switching them out soon. I also have I.E. adjustable camber plates on top. Its stiff for the street but I'm cool with it. In fact I'll be getting cutting the rear springs a bit to get the balance just right- especially after I tie the sway bar directly to the strut tube.

I restored the car over a 5 year period and just when I was almost finished I got the gig in japan. I couldn't bear to let it go so I brought it with me.

Its closer to tampico I think but actually its a ford underhood color. When I took it in to get sprayed I trailered the shell to this guy in the middle of connecticut who siad he could mix any color. After he got the car the story changed as suddenly he could not get any color codes for PPG for nevada tampico and the like. Out of frustration I picked a color out of the color chip book that I loved- and it happened to be a ford underhood color. Everyone at the paint store and in the body shop thought I was nuts for using an underhood gray- boring. But when it was done they all say the light. Now I can't find the color code...... thinking of doing a respray on my own in the future- probably tampico.