• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Definitive color scheme reference?

kremington

I've made up my mind to reupholster the factory seats for my U.S. market 74 2002tii, and wish to restore them to the authentic color scheme. My exterior is Atlantik which matches the color tag. I am reasonably certain my seats and panels are still original as well. I would describe their current color as light gray or washed out beige. I have a bit of a dilemma... I'm looking at GAHH to be my supplier and the only color they list that's even close to my upholstery is "Parchment". Parchment is similar, but definitely a warmer tone than what I have currently. I like it, but at the same time question if it is authentic or not. Does any one have a reference for true factory interior colors schemes back in '74? Thanx!

-Keith

'74 Atlantik 2002tii

grey, as was red, rare and elusive colors in later o2's...i have a pair of grey door panels and parchment is not even close

i'd look at upholstery fabric shops...maybe some of the marine upholstery dealers online would be a good source

It's elusive for sure! Haven't found a hint about the true identity of this color yet. One of my priorities is getting the heat pressed pleats done OEM correct. Apparently that is a very proprietary process and GAHH and World have a corner on the market. I've talked to a few local guys in the Bay Area and they've confirmed heat pressed appears to be uncommon.

-Keith

'74 Atlantik 2002tii

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I would also be interested if somebody could point me in the right direction of some authentic color charts, Ive looked all over

I've done a couple of searches and still haven't found any references to the exterior/interior color offerings by year.

Specifically, I'm looking for USA tii sedans. My car came with the popular Malaga/Tobacco brown & black combination.

Since I'm now in the market for another tii, I'd like to know what was available. I have both a 75 and 76 USA brochure copy, but they don't list any colors.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

occuring when parts supplies were exhausted, Euro delivery options for US servicemen, etc. I have a number of color & upholstery pamphlets from '69-'76.

Atlantik is shown to be available with:

9/69 - gray striped cloth with black vinyl edges, or gray basketweave vinyl center.

6/71 - gray striped cloth with black vinyl edges, or gray basketweave vinyl center.

11/71 - gray striped cloth with black vinyl edges, or gray basketweave vinyl center.

12/72 - gray striped cloth with black vinyl, or black basketweave vinyl center.

2/74 - parchment (my guess - doesn't look gray like previously or tan) with a darker stripe center with parchment vinyl edges, or parchment with the small square holes center.

Malaga is shown with:

9/69 - gray striped cloth with black vinyl edges, or black basketweave vinyl center.

6/71 - gray striped cloth with black vinyl edges, or black basketweave vinyl center.

11/71 - gray striped cloth with black vinyl edges, or black basketweave vinyl center.

12/72 - gray striped cloth with black vinyl, or black basketweave vinyl center.

2/74 - parchment (my guess - doesn't look gray like previously or tan) with a darker stripe center with parchment vinyl edges. or parchment with the small square holes center.

1/75 - grey vinyl or cloth. Not as well described/depicted as other pamphlets. Looks like you could have vinyl with "dimples" for center or grey cloth with a darker stripe woven in.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif