• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

subframe question

752dbl02

I am having to replace my front subframe, due to an unfortunate accident with those mean curbs, and my question is, is there any differences between the different year model subframes?

For instance, will any subframe fit on any year model?

'75 2002

Photobucket

one as there might be differences. Also, examine the left side motor mount bracket carefully on your replacement subframe to make sure it isn't cracked. It's much easier to weld up out of the car!

And while you're at it, also inspect the right side motor mount bracket to make sure it's the later style (fitted after some time in 1970/71). The good one is the bracket that's several pieces welded together vs one folded over piece of metal. The latter style stress cracks. This is not part of the subframe, but is attached with bolts and goes between subframe and rubber motor mount.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite