• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

early E36 front seats in an o2?

Guest Anonymous
i was clearing out my garage today and i remembered i have a pair of e36 front seats. i know the rails would have to be modified but apart from that would they look good or bad? anyone hear of it being done? steve

As usual, issue has been covered before. http://www.bmw2002faq.com/content/view/35/32/ Try the archives too. Then pass the word.

we are in the process right now of fitting e36 sedan sport seats in benetton's car. the seat rails have had to been heavily modified, as in completely removing the stock rails/supports and fabbing/welding new supports.

If you do this mod, i would suggest using the stock 2002 seat belts as they do not rely on the seat and seat mounts for structural support in a crash. in an e36 they do, and there is no way to weld in new supports in the 2002 that would replace the design in an e36.

72 2002tii

1988 535is  “Maeve”

As usual, issue has been covered before. http://www.bmw2002faq.com/content/view/35/32/ Try the archives too. Then pass the word.

you know what dude...if everyone did nothing more check the archives...you'd not have anything to participate in...

whose business would you tend to...how would you get your jollies...you wouldn't have anyone ask a question that's been asked before, thus you couldn't tell them to check the archives

does it actually bother you that there's redundancy on the forum?

paradox.....?

if your were to pass my car in a parking lot, would you think the seats looks stupid or would they look good?

Unfortunately my car is in the shop at the moment and i cant get at it to see what the seat would look like.

i would have thought the seat would be a little high but judging from the pictures of the 2002 with the Vader seats it looks pretty normal.

railo_m3_front_350.jpg

and GWB72tii,

we are in the process right now of fitting e36 sedan sport seats in benetton's car. the seat rails have had to been heavily modified, as in completely removing the stock rails/supports and fabbing/welding new supports.

If you do this mod, i would suggest using the stock 2002 seat belts as they do not rely on the seat and seat mounts for structural support in a crash. in an e36 they do, and there is no way to weld in new supports in the 2002 that would replace the design in an e36.

If its possible, id love to see a photo of that when you get the job done?

steveimg][img]{option}[/img]

Guest Anonymous

you know what dude...if everyone did nothing more check the archives...you'd not have anything to participate in...

whose business would you tend to...how would you get your jollies...you wouldn't have anyone ask a question that's been asked before, thus you couldn't tell them to check the archives

paradox.....?

You may not think so, but the archives serve a useful purpose as do the FAQ (frequently asked questions write ups.) Thinking that everyone who visits this board would ever check the archives is silly. Your position discourages using the archives for even the most mundane of questions, whereas the poster seeks to promote its use. There is nothing wrong with redundancy, unless they repeat the subjects solely for the sake of repetition.

The archives contain valuable information that at the very least can help formulate better and more informed questions on the same or a related subject. Rather than stifle free expression, it may refine it.

[quote name="stephenslyman"

If its possible' date=' id love to see a photo of that when you get the job done?

steve[/quote]

i'll install a seat tomorrow and take some pics tomorrow

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on

paradox.....?

And also as usual it's some ass-clown who lacks the sack to use his real fake name......

MJ

75 2002

76 2002

71 F250 camper special