• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Careful if you're heading to the ATM today...

72touring

Guest Anonymous

And you are saying that this happened after just one can of sea foam?

Time to go to Max's for chicken!

(nt)

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

sure we mistakes. I used to use my 02 to haul just about anything that would fit on a roof rack. Years ago, I bought a metal utility cabinet about 3 x 5 x 1.5 ft and lashed it to the roof rack and drove home. When I got home I opened the garage door and drove in as I always do while the door was still in motion. Without anything on the rack, no problem. With the cabinet on, the cabinet hit the garage door. Not realizing what was happening, I drove on jamming the garage door against the cabinet. Finally after registering serious resistance I realized my mistake and backed off. The garage door and cabijnet were uninjured but the clamps of the roof rack tried to rip the roof gutter channel molding off. I backed off in the nick of time but to this day I have a kink on both sides of my roof moldings to remind me that I just forgot I was hauling something. I think the same happened to this guy.

post-2027-13667592597555_thumb.jpg

Bob

BMWCCA #4844 (#297 of The 308)

1974 2002 Sahara, MM 2400 Rally engine, MM 5 speed and conversion

1976 2002A Anthracite parts car

1991 525i AlpinweiB II

2002 330ci AlpinweiB III

2007 530xiT Titanium Silver